Could be better
By sean on
2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
A few things to like about it, but the balance tips towards the negative. I like the spacious interior, decent stereo, the ride (most terrain), reliability, and fuel economy. However, it seems designed for shorter people. There is plenty of head room, but the driving position and seat are not at all comfortable for my 5'11" frame. Driver's seat is brutal for anything more than a trip to the grocery store. Wheel tilt range is too limited. The armrest and door are useless for resting my arms: too narrow / hard. The ride over uneven road surfaces is nauseating since the front end bounces too much (replaced struts thinking they were bad). Torque steer, noisy engine, CD player needs more buffer.
Favorite Features
SUV qualities, while still fuel efficient. The stereo, while not awe- inspiring, is decently balanced with clear and fairly crisp sound / bass. Fuel economy. Honda reliabilty (so far). Despite these positives I want to get rid of it.
Suggested Improvements
Better seats / comfort. Better range on wheel tilt. Better suspension. More buffer in CD player (skips over bad bumps). Rattle in rear of vehicle (traced to rear door "shock"). Torque steer. Vibration on acceleration (probably bad motor mount - dealer convinced me to flush the Tran fluid - stupid)