2001 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
honda crv 2001
By jan on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

overall the vehicle is wonderful.... the only things i do not like are the power lock button is only on the driver door and the engine makes way too much nosie when driving on the hwy

Nearly perfect MINI SUV except power
By wz4wwk on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It is a Honda, and as expected, its reliability, build quality, and comfort make a nearly perfect balance. As far as a mini SUVs are concerned, you can't beat CR-V's interior space. One thing that makes me say that it is only a 'near' perfect about this car is its fuel economy and power. My 2001 CR- V LX is slower than my Mom's 11-year old 1991 Accord EX on uphill freeways. I constantly get about 22.5 MPG (combined) which is worse than my other car (1999 Nissan Maxima with automatic transmission). How does Honda explain that a 4-cyl 2.0 liter engine gets poorer MPG than a 6-cyl 3.0 liter engine?

Good CRV
By Erin on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle has been very reliable... excellent on fuel economy too.

Solid car/very functional!
By ZMan on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great to drive. The only problem I've has is drivers side power mirror stopped working in 20 below weather in Upper Michigan last winter. It magically started working again.. I recommend this car to everyone.. I usually get 22.5mpg highway @ 70-75mph

Reliable 4 wd commuter with fun to boot!
By Brian_B on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 LX in May, 2001 and it's ran great as of this writing (August 2002). My purchase criteria were: 4 ddors, 4wd, PS, PB, AC, CD player, Good MPG (>25 hwy), good looks, Comfort, Safety, and Strong V6. I got all of these but two: Comfort and a strong V6. I decided to go ahead and buy after driving the 4 cyl. It's not as strong as a V6, but it moves the vehicle just fine and gets good MPG. The seats aren't too comfortable though. And lack of front passenger armrest is a mystery? It's needed!

Juuuuust Right
By RayG on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a leftover with an internet special at a good price. That was in Oct '01, since then, not a lick of trouble. Just about the perfect size for us. Easy to park on our local city streets AND fits into our rented garage. Good mileage- just about 24- 26mpg of mixed city/mostly highway. It's great to be able to carry golf clubs AND passengers which was a bit tough in the old Neon.

Great AWD multipurpose wagon
By grhoward on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got a great deal on my 2001 Honda CRV- EX last summer (it's still worth more than I paid). Almost had it a year and simply love this vehicle for trips around town or to my favorite outdoor get aways. I've added several upgrades i.e. better stereo components, retractable cargo cover, cargo mat, bike racks, etc. Even looked into adding a supercharger or VTEC kit to add some extra horsepower but refrained because the CRV has enough horses to suit my purposes. Now that the 2002 CRV has been introduced, a 1998-2001 model makes for a great used car bargain.

Honda CRV
By keneddiem on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

the car is well designed and comfortable to drive. gas mileage could be better though

drive toyotas ; why not give honda a try
By John Hotopp on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

this car drags on the gear too long to get this thing moving. Also when you turn on the fan for cool vent air the a/c turns itself on; when defrosting too. Passenger front seat doesn't have a power lock to match the driver side.

I love my car
By DE on 03/12/02 12:22 PM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2001 CRV-EX well below invoice in October. This is my first car and this has certainly set the bar high for all to follow. Surprisingly comfortable for a small SUV. Honda has done a great job distributing space. Fun to drive, I use it only in the city and on highways. My only minor complaint is that the engine is a little noisy once you go above 40mph. The title of this review says it all. Thanks Honda.