2001 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Mail Carrier Vehicle
By Dar - rural carrier on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Over 107,000 miles of stop & go delivery of mail through snow, ice, & mud with no problems. Excellent gas mileage on the route, even better on the highway. This little SUV won't fly around a V6 going up hill, but it's the most dependable SUV on the route.

Mike's review
By hlm on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Only problem in 3 years has been a squeaky door and a repain to the drivers arm rest.

Super car, new tires help road noise
By Chino on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is great. Some reviews talk about road noise, and I know what they mean, but I got Goodyear's new Assurance tripletread tires, and what an improvement! Much quieter and the pickup definitely improved. This car's steering is tighter than most, but try it with these tires; it's amazing! I would recommend this car and these tire replacements.

Going Back to American
By Edburhop on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well, a died in the wool Chrysler buyer bought a CRV because we liked the interior room and layout, and the price was good. We wanted to try Honda because we drive our vehicles forever, and heard the quality was excellent. Well, it is underpowered, and at 50000 miles we have a check engine light AGAIN!!! The software that determines the working of the transmission has had to be reloaded TWICE. We had another check engine light, and they charged us 112 bucks to give us a new GAS CAP. We are trading in this lemon and going back to American Cars. I guess the quality thing is just for Accords

LOVE my CRV
By betzchaz on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can't say enough about my CR-V (which has been dubbed Cute Recreational Vehicle in our house!!) Have to turn this baby in at the end of the month due to lease being up. Going to dread every minute of it. It has been a wonderful vehicle and does great in the snow!!! Haven't found a thing I couldn't fit in the back of it with the sits folded down either!!

CRV
By Diablomeans666 on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Good car and really reliable

Never looked back
By luvvit on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Get this as a fun, practical car that would last a long time. It has exceeded expectations, plus holds its value like nobody's business. Engine is just adequate at 150 hp but that's part of the package.

tsim
By tsimone on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A great car for getting around close to home.

2001 Honda CRV - Best in class
By elchino02 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The absolute best mini-SUV you can find. I've had it for 3 yrs and has only depreciated $4,000. That's 80% value retention. Typical Honda quality.

Luv my car
By Jillith on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am in this car over 2 hours per day in commute time. I carry loads of cargo that always fits. My car starts every time I turn the key, the fuel economy is great, the power is sufficient for driving in Phoenix area with no mountains. This vehicle is somehow larger on the inside than it is on the outside, I don't feel cramped at all. My complaints are the same as all 2001 CR-V owners. Weak stereo,no fuel cap holder, goofy window controls...little stuff. Other than that...Great! If I get a newer veh, I'll just get another CR-V. My mom bought the 2002 and Honda had fixed some of the 2001 and earlier issues. She also adores her car!