2001 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Rolling along in my 01 cr-v
By aileen on 08/28/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i love this little cutie, i bought this in 2007 with 75,000 miles for 10k, it now has 11,900 miles on the odometer. its been very reliable for me. i went to Florida and back to pa where i live and ran smooth. i plan on keeping this cutie till it dies.

It's so roomy cr-v
By patty on 08/11/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Hi I bought my 01 cr-v in October 2009 with 98,000 miles. I've had it for 2 years now and put 50,000 miles on it. It now has 148,000 and runs very good. It's been different for me to drive than a car but I love the room and comfort it gives me. I go camping and fold down the seats blow up my areo bed and sleep like a baby. This is one fantastic vehicle.

Love my CR-V
By Jan on 08/02/10 14:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've every owned. My only complaint is that I like the style of the 2001 and that is not the style they are making now. I live in Alaska and drive in all sorts of weather. I will buy another one when this one wears out.

Still lovin my cr-v
By joe on 07/24/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2001 cr-v. I bought new from dealership. It has been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Great awd in the snow. Gets me safely to everywhere I drive. It a great Honda cr-v. Get one you won't be disappointed.

Loving my 01 cr-v
By john on 07/21/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Here's my story. I bought this 01 crv in jan 2007. With 78,000 miles on it. I've traveled a lot in it. It now has 174,000 miles and its still running great. It is very comfortable for long trips and very great on gas. I'm so glad I bought this cr-v.

Loving my cr-v
By john on 06/25/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my cr-v for over 5 years now. It's great to drive in this little cutie. It's peppy enough for me. Great on gas and always gets me to point a and b and then some. I purchased it with 45,000 miles. It s just over 140,000 now it runs like a champ. I recommend anyone to purchase a great vehicle like this. You won't be disappointed.

Boring to drive
By Ken on 05/18/10 19:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have been reading the other reviews made by other people on here and wonder if they are actually driving the same SUV I am. It transmission down shifts so hard that it nearly threw off the snowy mountain road I was on. I think real time 4 wheel drive is a joke. The ride is harsh, and very uncomfortable on long rides and is very noisy. The seats are hard and uncomfortable. It is very underpowered and really so when AC is on and can barely make up the mountains where I live. it would a much better SUV for a place that gets less than 4 inches of snow and flat. I will never own another Honda, My next purchase will be a Subaru

Great car
By Jim on 03/30/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. It's as reliable as gravity. Only problem in 157,000 miles, had to get a new radiator. Only way to go with a small family. Bought it new in 2001, and will turn it over to my son when he is 16. That will be in 2014.

Great little car
By world traveller on 01/17/10 04:47 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven this car on four different regions of the world, in North America, in Africa, in Europe, and now in the Middle East. It's done very well in European snow, in African desert and washboard dirt roads. It's little 4 banger and AWD have done fine in loose sand. It's been rock solid reliable, with regular oil changes and air filter replacements. The radiator died in 2007, but no other problems. It's acceleration leaves a little to be desired, especially up a hill. However, it's been perfect for this world traveling family. The added ground clearance and AWD have been perfect for a family that never knows what kinds of roads we'll find at our next home.

What happened to Honda reliability?
By B20ZFailed on 10/21/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Please do research on the valve/cylinder head failures that plague the 1997-2001 CRV. Mine burned a valve at 123k miles. This is a prevalent issue that will literally cost thousands of dollars to replace. If I would have known this I would have never bought this truck.