Used 2001 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

I love my C-rv
By linzee09

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car it's cute and small it's all I need. Gets great gas mileage. I brough mine with 143,000 and it has 154,000 on it no problems. These cars will run forever IF you maintence them. If your buying one make sure they have had a vavle adjustment or run away from it. The vavles need adjusted every 30k dont go buy the book!!!!! This car is very nosiy and bumpy but guess what it's a honda not a lexus. Its also very underpowered but it doesnt borther me to much im not racing it so it doesn't matter. It's a great car I love it.

Pretty much everything.

How could the maker of Accura have made this thing?
By desierto

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased in perfect condition, with only 39k miles, for it's reliability. Should have spent more time with it before making the decision. The more I drive it, the more I dislike it. The ride is awful. Its harsh. It pitches, bobs, darts...its tiring to drive. Had the struts checked, they're fine. The seats are poorly bolstered.
Controls are wanky. Can't get into the tailgate without a key. Less room than you might think. Noisy. Apparently designed to look "correct"... and that's all. Switching from Subaru Outback to this thing is a disaster. I want to replace it with a Volvo or Mazda 6 wagon. Just as much room, and a way better drive. Don't care about a couple of MPG at this point!

Start over! I hope the new generation CRVs are dramatically better that this!

Seems to work well for me :D
By nscribner13

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So I only had my CR-V for close to 3 months and I love it. It has been in my family for quite a few years and passed between people and they all love it. I love it a lot. It runs very well. I only had some slight issues with it but it is basic wear and tear issues. It is very reliable. I don't mind the acceleration sometimes. It could be a bit better but I like that you can cancel out the 4th gear and gain more power to the engine with the overdrive switch. It is a very good highway ride, probably the best out of the all the cars I have driven in my life. I love that it is very spacey and how easy it is to use. It's a great first car :D

Overdrive Cancel Switch, Cruise Control, the interior/ exterior design.

It could have a bit more acceleration.

Great vehicle
By j_dub1

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little SUV, it pushes through snow with no problem, it can take a rough driveway, and will get you where you need to go no matter what. We live in the mountains and the little 2.0 4-Cylinder struggles sometimes and the transmission has trouble keeping you at 70 on the interstate but around town or on a back road you can't beat this car. 4 adults can ride in it comfortably. I can fit in the back seat without issue and i'm 6 feet tall. If it wasn't for the mountains this would be the perfect small SUv. It starts every morning without issue and the leather doesnt feel cheap. Just a great little vehicle.

CD and tape player, AWD, Table in the back, Interior room, Good leather, and plenty of storage space.

More power(which Honda has established already)

this car sucks
By dlemmon1

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i bought my 01 cr-v with 130,000 miles on it, it now has 153,000 on it and the engine died, only had it 2 years bought new tires 3 months later engine dies clyinder 4 has no compression, blowback, could sieze up anytime i thought hondas were good cars but im sticking with a jeep

egine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!