2001 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Great Vehicle!
By amirjones78 on 02/18/12 05:44 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2001 Honda Cr-V SE and it was the most dependable vehicle I have ever had. I got it in 2006 with 60,000 miles and drove it until 2011 with 185,000 miles. I never had any mechanical problems with the CR-V. Only wear and tear and routine maintenance. Actually, a large routine maintenance error I made is the reason I had to get rid of the vehicle. I somehow never thought to change the transmission fluid; ever. At 185,000 the transmission started to slip and I knew the transmission would cost more than the vehicle was worth so I got rid of it. 185,000 miles on the original fluid is pretty good! It would've lasted forever if I had ever changed the fluid.

Excellent SUV
By will199104 on 01/14/12 09:40 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Honda CR-V is an excellent compact SUV. I have found that the CR-V is a simply compact SUV that serves my basic needed. There are many things that I like about the CR-V. The CR-V has excellent maneuverability, makes it very fun and easy to drive. In my opinion it has outstanding build quality, after eleven years I am amazed at how well it has held up. I like the design of the CR-V, the outside design looks great and the inside is design is very well thought out. All the controls are well placed making it very functional.

I love my C-rv
By linzee09 on 08/10/11 07:02 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car it's cute and small it's all I need. Gets great gas mileage. I brough mine with 143,000 and it has 154,000 on it no problems. These cars will run forever IF you maintence them. If your buying one make sure they have had a vavle adjustment or run away from it. The vavles need adjusted every 30k dont go buy the book!!!!! This car is very nosiy and bumpy but guess what it's a honda not a lexus. Its also very underpowered but it doesnt borther me to much im not racing it so it doesn't matter. It's a great car I love it.

How could the maker of Accura have made this thing?
By desierto on 07/01/11 13:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased in perfect condition, with only 39k miles, for it's reliability. Should have spent more time with it before making the decision. The more I drive it, the more I dislike it. The ride is awful. Its harsh. It pitches, bobs, darts...its tiring to drive. Had the struts checked, they're fine. The seats are poorly bolstered. Controls are wanky. Can't get into the tailgate without a key. Less room than you might think. Noisy. Apparently designed to look "correct"... and that's all. Switching from Subaru Outback to this thing is a disaster. I want to replace it with a Volvo or Mazda 6 wagon. Just as much room, and a way better drive. Don't care about a couple of MPG at this point!

Seems to work well for me :D
By nscribner13 on 06/28/11 18:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So I only had my CR-V for close to 3 months and I love it. It has been in my family for quite a few years and passed between people and they all love it. I love it a lot. It runs very well. I only had some slight issues with it but it is basic wear and tear issues. It is very reliable. I don't mind the acceleration sometimes. It could be a bit better but I like that you can cancel out the 4th gear and gain more power to the engine with the overdrive switch. It is a very good highway ride, probably the best out of the all the cars I have driven in my life. I love that it is very spacey and how easy it is to use. It's a great first car :D

Great vehicle
By j_dub1 on 02/04/11 16:22 PM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little SUV, it pushes through snow with no problem, it can take a rough driveway, and will get you where you need to go no matter what. We live in the mountains and the little 2.0 4-Cylinder struggles sometimes and the transmission has trouble keeping you at 70 on the interstate but around town or on a back road you can't beat this car. 4 adults can ride in it comfortably. I can fit in the back seat without issue and i'm 6 feet tall. If it wasn't for the mountains this would be the perfect small SUv. It starts every morning without issue and the leather doesnt feel cheap. Just a great little vehicle.

this car sucks
By dlemmon1 on 01/01/11 19:38 PM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i bought my 01 cr-v with 130,000 miles on it, it now has 153,000 on it and the engine died, only had it 2 years bought new tires 3 months later engine dies clyinder 4 has no compression, blowback, could sieze up anytime i thought hondas were good cars but im sticking with a jeep

Nothing could be finer
By Dimo on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our CR-V in 2003 at 35,000 miles now we have 197,654 hoping to go 1 million great travel auto can drive forever in comfort. I'm looking for a 2nd one with about 50,000 miles on it I have 2 brand new cars and i love to drive this unit. nothing could be finer than to drive to Carolina from Mass. in my CR-V

Great vehicle, but ONE bad experience
By Brian on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had 2 Hondas in my lifetime. A CR-V wasn't what I wanted, but I decided to try it, vs. a car. Overall a great time. Short/long trips, hauled people and animals, towed trailers, packed it full, traveled in heat and snow (Great!). Overall reliable vehicle. I've also enjoyed working on it (weekend mechanic) using Honda and Chilton manuals, saved some money. HOWEVER, I'm one of many victims of burned valves (Gen1 engines). Owners were NOT notified of this issue, there WAS a bulletin A03-038 issued to garages, it WAS Preventable, but Repairs for this known problem were at owner's expense ($2K+). HONDA'S reputation has suffered - I'm disappointed, not in CR-V, but in their management.

Endlessly Loving My 2001 CR-V
By pjcook1 on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

An excellent vehicle, excellent manufacturing, zero defects since day 1. Very good in snow/rain. Love the styling & feel. Good visibility. This is NOT a muscle car, poor acceleration to highway speed, difficulty getting out of its own way BUT hey, when you're doing 65 you're doing 65. Wind noise at speed. OK gas mileage 16-18 city; 20-21 hwy. Great ground clearance, jump curbs all the time to park or get out of minor physical jams (not always to the Mrs. liking).