Used 2001 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Reliable ride, classic look, holds it value
By Toby Peratrovich

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

One of the safest older cars on the road. No recalls, no air bag issues. Very little maintenance. Road noise level fairly high. Not quite enough room for long legs. Terrific cargo space and flexibility.

Great auto
By LK

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine new then bought 2 more used for college students. All 3 are still going strong with no more than routine maintenance. My 16 y.o. son get handed down one of them and I've warned him if he wrecks it they'll be h*ll to pay. Best car purchases I've ever made.

proud owner
By Christina

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great traveling vehicle, great fuel efficiency and overall a fun vehicle to own roomy and cool

Great Vehicle!
By amirjones78

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2001 Honda Cr-V SE and it was the most dependable vehicle I have ever had. I got it in 2006 with 60,000 miles and drove it until 2011 with 185,000 miles.
I never had any mechanical problems with the CR-V. Only wear and tear and routine maintenance. Actually, a large routine maintenance error I made is the reason I had to get rid of the vehicle. I somehow never thought to change the transmission fluid; ever. At 185,000 the transmission started to slip and I knew the transmission would cost more than the vehicle was worth so I got rid of it. 185,000 miles on the original fluid is pretty good! It would've lasted forever if I had ever changed the fluid.

Great gas mileage Excellent AWD. I NEVER got stuck in any condition Dependable Nice looks (SE) Leather Seats Cargo floor that doubled as a table Plenty of storage Easy to customize. I added tons of accessories

Larger engine (solved in later models) Seat heaters for the leather Window switches on the door, not the dash 5 speed transmission (solved in later models) Moonroof Standard on SE

Excellent SUV
By will199104

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Honda CR-V is an excellent compact SUV. I have found that the CR-V is a simply compact SUV that serves my basic needed. There are many things that I like about the CR-V. The CR-V has excellent maneuverability, makes it very fun and easy to drive. In my opinion it has outstanding build quality, after eleven years I am amazed at how well it has held up. I like the design of the CR-V, the outside design looks great and the inside is design is very well thought out. All the controls are well placed making it very functional.

My favorite feature of the CR-V is that it is very easy and fun to drive.

I have several suggested improvements that would make the CR-V an even better SUV. First the CR-V is severally under powered, causing a lot of engine noise. So I think that Honda needs to use a more powerful engine maybe even an optional V6. Second the CR-V gets ok gas mileage 19/23 that needs to be improved.