2001 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Great Vehicle!
By amirjones78 on 02/18/12 05:44 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2001 Honda Cr-V SE and it was the most dependable vehicle I have ever had. I got it in 2006 with 60,000 miles and drove it until 2011 with 185,000 miles. I never had any mechanical problems with the CR-V. Only wear and tear and routine maintenance. Actually, a large routine maintenance error I made is the reason I had to get rid of the vehicle. I somehow never thought to change the transmission fluid; ever. At 185,000 the transmission started to slip and I knew the transmission would cost more than the vehicle was worth so I got rid of it. 185,000 miles on the original fluid is pretty good! It would've lasted forever if I had ever changed the fluid.

I love my C-rv
By linzee09 on 08/10/11 07:02 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car it's cute and small it's all I need. Gets great gas mileage. I brough mine with 143,000 and it has 154,000 on it no problems. These cars will run forever IF you maintence them. If your buying one make sure they have had a vavle adjustment or run away from it. The vavles need adjusted every 30k dont go buy the book!!!!! This car is very nosiy and bumpy but guess what it's a honda not a lexus. Its also very underpowered but it doesnt borther me to much im not racing it so it doesn't matter. It's a great car I love it.

Great vehicle
By j_dub1 on 02/04/11 16:22 PM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little SUV, it pushes through snow with no problem, it can take a rough driveway, and will get you where you need to go no matter what. We live in the mountains and the little 2.0 4-Cylinder struggles sometimes and the transmission has trouble keeping you at 70 on the interstate but around town or on a back road you can't beat this car. 4 adults can ride in it comfortably. I can fit in the back seat without issue and i'm 6 feet tall. If it wasn't for the mountains this would be the perfect small SUv. It starts every morning without issue and the leather doesnt feel cheap. Just a great little vehicle.

this car sucks
By dlemmon1 on 01/01/11 19:38 PM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i bought my 01 cr-v with 130,000 miles on it, it now has 153,000 on it and the engine died, only had it 2 years bought new tires 3 months later engine dies clyinder 4 has no compression, blowback, could sieze up anytime i thought hondas were good cars but im sticking with a jeep

Boring to drive
By Ken on 05/18/10 19:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have been reading the other reviews made by other people on here and wonder if they are actually driving the same SUV I am. It transmission down shifts so hard that it nearly threw off the snowy mountain road I was on. I think real time 4 wheel drive is a joke. The ride is harsh, and very uncomfortable on long rides and is very noisy. The seats are hard and uncomfortable. It is very underpowered and really so when AC is on and can barely make up the mountains where I live. it would a much better SUV for a place that gets less than 4 inches of snow and flat. I will never own another Honda, My next purchase will be a Subaru

Perfect for Grandpa and Grandma!
By hausfrau on 07/23/09 05:39 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After being in a car accident with our 1992 Honda Accord with an 18 wheeler and lived, we were sure that the Honda was a good make of vehicle. Brother- in-law and sister sold us their 2001 Honda CR-V. We love it! My husband is 6'5" and has plenty of leg room. This is a spacious automobile. We have our own little entertainment center in the front seat with us, AM/FM/Cassette Tape and CD player. We have the little "bar" and the table in the back. What else could a little old retired couple ask for? It rides smooth. We don't know what it will be like in a Minnesota winter, but the brother-in-law had it for 8 Wisconsin winters, so that can't be too much worse. No more accident fears! Yay!

Fun for 7 years
By GFR on 07/16/09 06:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

CR-V's are fun, comfortable, workhorses of a car-SUV-Offroad vehicle. Very, very low maintenance costs - less than $800 in repairs in 120,000 miles plus being towed 50,000 too. Great gas mileage - 28-30 mpg when on the highway and 25 in town. Good comfort, easy storage, easy to maintain, easy to cleanup and easy on the pocket book too. Only one complete set of tires plus two for front due to towing. And it is still worth $7,000 after paying $20,000 for it 7 years ago - can't beat that! We have used only synthetic oil and change it every 7500 miles - again real simple and inexpensive. Could be a good college car for a guy or gal. And Honda has a great rep too!

Good Deal
By ATL on 05/26/08 17:29 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fun and easy to drive. Sometimes lack power, but it is expected with a 4cyl. Have to change the AWB drive fluid every one-two years to fix the squeaking noise when making a sharp turn. Gas mileage ok.

Great Vehicle
By Nishbot on 08/05/07 19:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my CRV. Every time I turn my key, I know the car will start. Bought the car at 40000mi, now has 100000mi. Not one problem since I owned it (hope I don't jinx it now). A great value. Typical Honda reliability/fuel economy. Highly recommend w/o hesitation.

Good dash, questionable engine
By Hondabuyer on 03/16/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

You have to wonder what Honda was thinking with the engine-transmission combination in this SUV. This vehicle is so underpowered that it is almost dangerous on the freeway. You don't have enough extra power to avoid potential accidents (i.e. truckers changing lanes into you, ect.). 3rd and 4th gear are too close together requiring the vehicle to frequently shift down to 2nd gear simply to travel up and over overpasses or to maintain speed on hills. The result is rather poor fuel economy in freeway driving (25 MPG or less). Engine in my vehicle is plagued by misfires and a worn cylinder head. Some rust already visible below side windows. The dash doesn't rattle. That's worth something.