2001 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
How could the maker of Accura have made this thing?
By desierto on 07/01/11 13:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased in perfect condition, with only 39k miles, for it's reliability. Should have spent more time with it before making the decision. The more I drive it, the more I dislike it. The ride is awful. Its harsh. It pitches, bobs, darts...its tiring to drive. Had the struts checked, they're fine. The seats are poorly bolstered. Controls are wanky. Can't get into the tailgate without a key. Less room than you might think. Noisy. Apparently designed to look "correct"... and that's all. Switching from Subaru Outback to this thing is a disaster. I want to replace it with a Volvo or Mazda 6 wagon. Just as much room, and a way better drive. Don't care about a couple of MPG at this point!

I am a Hondaholic!
By alvarado4pack on 01/10/09 00:09 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my CRV new in 2001 and loved it since. I have had no problems with it, I just get the oil changed every 3k miles and do the minor maint like tires, brakes and have fluids checked. I put almost 70k miles on it. It is very reliable. I feel safe in it too. It is a bit heavier than the new models, not as "flimsy". It has alot of space in the back. We travel a lot across country and we can fit all our luggage in the back. We will always have Hondas. I will drive it until it dies!

Good Car
By sl on 07/11/07 06:49 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been most reliable, and that's why I bought it. Plenty of room for loading up during trips to Home Depot - an amazing amount of space for a small car. It's a 4 cylinder, so it has enough power but lacks zip. But the car is what it is. It's functional, not hip. One weird quirk, and maybe it's just me, but the car seems to be prone to having windshield cracks due to pebbles and rocks projected from other vehicles on the highway. I'm 6'2" and I find this car to be a comfortable ride, plenty of head room. The odometer reads 122,000 miles and I just had my first breakdown, a blown head gasket. Otherwise, the only problems have been basic stuff, battery, tires.

I Love My 2001 Honda CR-V!
By Alinda Uzel on 05/05/07 17:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a joy to own. I drive in 6 rural counties with my work, it handles curves and all kinds of roads/weather perfectly. It gets good gas mileage, but in mountainous areas it would be nice to have a little more "zip" to the doo-dah! The next year's model had a larger engine. This is a neat looking, spiffy little reliable vehicle that makes me happy to drive it. It looks more expensive than it was and maintains its good looks. I'll probably buy another one, I like it that much - and I'm over 60!

My review
By salter99 on 07/02/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving my CR-V around town and on trips. Fuel economy is good, and it is inexpensive to maintain. I like the looks and handling.

My 2001 CR-V
By Laura on 01/04/05 01:54 AM (PST)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As a college student, I am overly pleased with my 2001 CR-V. I am able to travel to and from school and home ocassionally with comfort and ease. My car was bought as a graduation gift almost four years ago and I have had no problem whatsoever since then. I hope to keep my car for many years to come. I am sure that it will be as reliable then as it is now.

2001 Honda CRV review
By Netnutty on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My CRV has been a wonderful and dependable car. I'm a big guy & 6'2" and I fit easily. We just had to do our first major repair on it by having a valve job. Otherwise we've had to replace the tires once, and had the normal maintenance done on the car.

My baby
By irenemichelle on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This SUV is very reliable. It holds its value extremely well!!

Going Back to American
By Edburhop on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well, a died in the wool Chrysler buyer bought a CRV because we liked the interior room and layout, and the price was good. We wanted to try Honda because we drive our vehicles forever, and heard the quality was excellent. Well, it is underpowered, and at 50000 miles we have a check engine light AGAIN!!! The software that determines the working of the transmission has had to be reloaded TWICE. We had another check engine light, and they charged us 112 bucks to give us a new GAS CAP. We are trading in this lemon and going back to American Cars. I guess the quality thing is just for Accords

CRV
By Diablomeans666 on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Good car and really reliable