Used 2001 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

proud owner
By Christina

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great traveling vehicle, great fuel efficiency and overall a fun vehicle to own roomy and cool

How could the maker of Accura have made this thing?
By desierto

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased in perfect condition, with only 39k miles, for it's reliability. Should have spent more time with it before making the decision. The more I drive it, the more I dislike it. The ride is awful. Its harsh. It pitches, bobs, darts...its tiring to drive. Had the struts checked, they're fine. The seats are poorly bolstered.
Controls are wanky. Can't get into the tailgate without a key. Less room than you might think. Noisy. Apparently designed to look "correct"... and that's all. Switching from Subaru Outback to this thing is a disaster. I want to replace it with a Volvo or Mazda 6 wagon. Just as much room, and a way better drive. Don't care about a couple of MPG at this point!

Start over! I hope the new generation CRVs are dramatically better that this!

I am a Hondaholic!
By alvarado4pack

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my CRV new in 2001 and loved it since. I have had no problems with it, I just get the oil changed every 3k miles and do the minor maint like tires, brakes and have fluids checked. I put almost 70k miles on it. It is very reliable. I feel safe in it too. It is a bit heavier than the new models, not as "flimsy". It has alot of space in the back. We travel a lot across country and we can fit all our luggage in the back. We will always have Hondas. I will drive it until it dies!

everything

Needs more power

Good Car
By sl

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been most reliable, and that's why I bought it. Plenty of room for loading up during trips to Home Depot - an amazing amount of space for a small car. It's a 4 cylinder, so it has enough power but lacks zip. But the car is what it is. It's functional, not hip. One weird quirk, and maybe it's just me, but the car seems to be prone to having windshield cracks due to pebbles and rocks projected from other vehicles on the highway. I'm 6'2" and I find this car to be a comfortable ride, plenty of head room. The odometer reads 122,000 miles and I just had my first breakdown, a blown head gasket. Otherwise, the only problems have been basic stuff, battery, tires.

Inexpensive, reliable, yet roomy.

I opted to pass on the 4WD. What a mistake. This car is really bad in the snow and has difficulty getting traction when accelerating during wet conditions. Otherwise, few complaints. The cupholder had a removable insert for smaller cups, and that got promptly lost so drinks routinely spill.

I Love My 2001 Honda CR-V!
By Alinda Uzel

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a joy to own. I drive in 6 rural counties with my work, it handles curves and all kinds of roads/weather perfectly. It gets good gas mileage, but in mountainous areas it would be nice to have a little more "zip" to the doo-dah! The next year's model had a larger engine. This is a neat looking, spiffy little reliable vehicle that makes me happy to drive it. It looks more expensive than it was and maintains its good looks. I'll probably buy another one, I like it that much - and I'm over 60!

The "look" - looks classy, expensive. Has maintained good mileage stats. Comfortable even on long trips. Electronic unlocking device is wonderful. Have had no maintenence problems except regular type.

Would have been nice to have electonically adjusted seats. The only interior choice was black and this makes it too dark.