Used 2001 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great Vehicle!
By amirjones78

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2001 Honda Cr-V SE and it was the most dependable vehicle I have ever had. I got it in 2006 with 60,000 miles and drove it until 2011 with 185,000 miles. I never had any mechanical problems with the CR-V. Only wear and tear and routine maintenance. Actually, a large routine maintenance error I made is the reason I had to get rid of the vehicle. I somehow never thought to change the transmission fluid; ever. At 185,000 the transmission started to slip and I knew the transmission would cost more than the vehicle was worth so I got rid of it. 185,000 miles on the original fluid is pretty good! It would've lasted forever if I had ever changed the fluid.

Great gas mileage Excellent AWD. I NEVER got stuck in any condition Dependable Nice looks (SE) Leather Seats Cargo floor that doubled as a table Plenty of storage Easy to customize. I added tons of accessories

Larger engine (solved in later models) Seat heaters for the leather Window switches on the door, not the dash 5 speed transmission (solved in later models) Moonroof Standard on SE

Excellent SUV
By will199104

2001 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Honda CR-V is an excellent compact SUV. I have found that the CR-V is a simply compact SUV that serves my basic needed. There are many things that I like about the CR-V. The CR-V has excellent maneuverability, makes it very fun and easy to drive. In my opinion it has outstanding build quality, after eleven years I am amazed at how well it has held up. I like the design of the CR-V, the outside design looks great and the inside is design is very well thought out. All the controls are well placed making it very functional.

My favorite feature of the CR-V is that it is very easy and fun to drive.

I have several suggested improvements that would make the CR-V an even better SUV. First the CR-V is severally under powered, causing a lot of engine noise. So I think that Honda needs to use a more powerful engine maybe even an optional V6. Second the CR-V gets ok gas mileage 19/23 that needs to be improved.

I love my C-rv
By linzee09

2001 Honda CR-V SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car it's cute and small it's all I need. Gets great gas mileage. I brough mine with 143,000 and it has 154,000 on it no problems. These cars will run forever IF you maintence them. If your buying one make sure they have had a vavle adjustment or run away from it. The vavles need adjusted every 30k dont go buy the book!!!!! This car is very nosiy and bumpy but guess what it's a honda not a lexus. Its also very underpowered but it doesnt borther me to much im not racing it so it doesn't matter. It's a great car I love it.

Pretty much everything.

How could the maker of Accura have made this thing?
By desierto

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased in perfect condition, with only 39k miles, for it's reliability. Should have spent more time with it before making the decision. The more I drive it, the more I dislike it. The ride is awful. Its harsh. It pitches, bobs, darts...its tiring to drive. Had the struts checked, they're fine. The seats are poorly bolstered. Controls are wanky. Can't get into the tailgate without a key. Less room than you might think. Noisy. Apparently designed to look "correct"... and that's all. Switching from Subaru Outback to this thing is a disaster. I want to replace it with a Volvo or Mazda 6 wagon. Just as much room, and a way better drive. Don't care about a couple of MPG at this point!

Start over! I hope the new generation CRVs are dramatically better that this!

Seems to work well for me :D
By nscribner13

2001 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So I only had my CR-V for close to 3 months and I love it. It has been in my family for quite a few years and passed between people and they all love it. I love it a lot. It runs very well. I only had some slight issues with it but it is basic wear and tear issues. It is very reliable. I don't mind the acceleration sometimes. It could be a bit better but I like that you can cancel out the 4th gear and gain more power to the engine with the overdrive switch. It is a very good highway ride, probably the best out of the all the cars I have driven in my life. I love that it is very spacey and how easy it is to use. It's a great first car :D

Overdrive Cancel Switch, Cruise Control, the interior/ exterior design.

It could have a bit more acceleration.