Love it! Love it!
By CRV4-4OFUS on
2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD
My wife and I were looking for a second car and wanted a small SUV with AWD or 4WD. We saw one for sale two weeks ago wit 176,500 miles and hesitated for a day. We went to look at it again and bought it for $3500. The interior looks like no one drove it or ever sat inside- it's brand new looking. The exterior was rusty w/stock steel wheels and very worn out tires, a few dings here and there but nothing too serious. After driving the car from the lot we drove straight to the Honda mechanic and changed the belt & adjusted the valves and brakes. The SUV is in great shape mechanically and the interior is in excellent shape. The price for service $650, tires with 16" Honda rims $660.
Favorite Features
We have a Chevy Tahoe and we love it - however the gas mileage is around 17 MPG vs. 26.8 on the CR-V. We are averaging almost 27 MPG with the CR- V and it drives and handles like a car. It's not a peppy but hey I don't mind refueling this little SUV. The room is amazing in this little SUV. Buy one!
Suggested Improvements
More horsepower and/or low end torque. The rear hatch needs a redesign. Armrest on passenger side. Wind noise, engine noise, use better sound dampening materials if not installed. I plan on adding myself. Reprint the owner's manual to reflect the correct service maintenance time frames.