Excellent Small SUV
By mar83 on
2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD
Overall, a truly excellent car. Fuel efficient for an AWD SUV, versatile, comfortable, and fun to drive. The engine, though somewhat underpowered, is still responsive and the CR-V is fun to drive, particularly with the manual transmission. I bought it in 2005 with 68,000 miles and now have 136,000 on it, and I have only had to fix one thing that wasn't standard maintenance (driver's side power window). Highly recommended for anyone who wants a reliable, safe, and fun small SUV. Have gotten about 25 mpg overall mileage-wise, which isn't bad considering the AWD.
Favorite Features
Reliable, stylish, comfortable, and fun to drive. Very useful and practical. Good for day to day running and long trips (I've done 800 mile trips with great comfort). Great car overall.
Suggested Improvements
Power windows are weak and the engine could use a little more power (although I've always found it to be adequate). The main issue I've found is that Honda parts and accessories are quite overpriced and getting harder to find for this year--the Honda dealerships can be somewhat arrogant sometimes.