Used 2000 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

New Owner of Used CRV
By New2hondas

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Recently bought a used EX in great condition and 68k miles. Runs like a champ and very easy to drive. The quality is so top rate - and maybe the previous owner took good care of the car - that it scarcely feels used. Now I know when people say that Honda builds good vehicles.

Favorite Features

Excellent build quality, outward vision, simplicity, ease getting in- and-out, fuel economy, short stopping distance, turns on a dime, overall utility.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly underpowered, but who cares, my wife mostly uses it to putt around in.

not for me
By meg

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

We found the seats to be very uncomfortable. None of the cupholders in front are usable, can't even make small turns without everything falling over and spilling. You can't set somethng on the floor and expect it to stay they, things slide everywhere. We do like the folding table and the cd changer under driver seat. Gas mileage is good.

Suggested Improvements

better cupholders in front.

My Best Vehicle Yet!
By Jorene Slowinsk

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

My Honda CR-V works for me. I do a lot of yard sales and often need to transport large items. The back seats are so easy to fold down, that I don't hesitate to make the adjustment at a whims notice. My family was here on vacation this summer. They drove up in a full size mini-van. With the way gas prices were increasing daily, we opted to use my CR-V. My son and his family will be in need of a replacement vehicle very soon and I'm planning on giving them my 2000 CR-V and purchasing a new one for myself.

Favorite Features

When I drive, I prefer to sit high. The CR-V is the perfect vehicle for that reason. It's so easy to turn around in tight spaces and also a snap to park. Handling is a breeze. It is very easy to turn in tight places; also has great visibility.

Suggested Improvements

The button to release the gas cap is located in a hard to reach area. Many times I find that I have to get out of the vehicle to push the release button. Passenger seat should also have arm rests.

Five years later and I'm still in love
By crvbee

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I now have 108,000 miles on my 2000 CR- V (manual transmission) and just had the first non-maintenance repair work done today. The right rear trailing arm needed to be replaced. To say that I have been thrilled with my purchase, is a bit of an understatement. It's been reliable, versatile, comfortable and fun to own. It's surprisingly roomy and can fit just about any cargo you'd care to move on a typical Saturday. It cleans up well for a nice night on the town, but isn't too prissy to get dirty should the occasion arise. I hope to have 3 - 4 more years with this one, and won't have to look far for my next car. My local Honda dealer (where ever that may be) can expect me in 2008 or 2009

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable, even on extended trips. Excellent visibility. The picnic table and cooler are darn handy, even though I thought them silly at first. Fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

I now see sunroofs are offered in the newer models, and still wouldn't mind a V6 option, although that would probably blow the fuel economy. I wish the SE was available w/ manual transmission and that there was realistic storage near the dash for CDs, cell phones and other assort junk girls carry.

uncomfortable
By meg

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

Gas mileage is excellent. Interior awkward and uncomfortable. Everything is too high. Cannot turn the smallest corners without everything sliding all over. Cups fall out of cup holders everytime you make a turn.

Favorite Features

I like the table in back. Sound system is excellent. I like the convenience of fold down seats.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in which cup does not sit high, but slides down and held securely. Even my little Nissan has this. More comfortable driver and front passenger seats. Leather is nice, but if overstuffed, too slippery.