Used 2000 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Good
By Pam

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

Very good, dependable car. Great gas mileage and very roomy. would highly recommend for a small family or single person.

Honda CRV- Most dependable & Comfortable
By donna

2000 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD

I love my Honda CRV. I have driven two types of vehicles my entire life. The Honda is and always has been the most comfortable, safest, dependable.

Leather, comfort seats, air conditioning, smooth driving, practical with every decision about the vehicle, looks good, sound in radio awesome.

Can't think of anything.... oh yes... better Gas Mileage? only due to the gas increase... but still very satisfied with mileage

First Car
By Collin

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased this as my first car and it's fantastic. The 5-speed was one of it's major selling points for me but the excellent quality and safety record were important to my parents. I have had no problems with this car thus far, even with 85k miles on it. The car isn't blazingly fast but the 5-speed makes it fun to drive anyway. I agree that it needs more power though, if the engine is under 3500 rpm, good luck moving with any ounce of agility. The only other downfall is the goofy auto-window switch placement. It's right on the dash; hard to get used to. Overall the car is excellent and very roomy, even for my 6'5" body and my equally large friends. Kudos to Honda for the large backseat.

large backseat, comfortable seats all around, great quality, 5-speed

move the auto-window switch placement for the driver, a little more power would be nice too

Happy CR-V owner
By tapgypsy

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

My CR-V is now 6 years old and I have been very satisfied with its performance. Routine maintenance is all that has been required, except when I was rear-ended. Thankfully, after a rear bumper and the crumpled exhaust system was replaced, it was fine.

The size. It's not a huge, but big enough that you don't feel like you're swallowed up on the road by larger vehicles and semis.

Biggest complaint is the OEM tires. They are horrible. Also, when climbing hills the engine revs like the "little engine that could". A bit more power would be helpful.

Wonderful vehicle
By Scott

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I'm approaching 100,000 miles on this car, which I brought new. Am very pleased with its performance. Have only had it serviced at Honda dealer using Honda's maintenance schedule. Still on first set of brakes.

Mechanical reliability. Ultra reliable. Keyless entry a big plus.

None. If Honda offered a brand new 2000 Honda just like this one, I'd buy it when this one wears out. That may take awhile. My mechanic told me I should be able to get 250,000 miles on the engine.