Used 2000 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

First Review
By JstBghtIt

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

I just bought this from a dealer for gas savings and family purpose. I have not a chance to do anything to it yet but only to drive it. So far, it's been an excellent ride. I'll be replacing all the fluids out of it and if needed give it a tune up. I'll be back for second review maybe after six months or so.

Ride, handling, fuel economy and ground clearance versus a car.

Torque and better roof rack.

Love It
By Happy Honda Driver

2000 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD

No worries. Replaced tires and brakes, oil and windshield washer fluid ... and of course gasoline. That's it. Like Timex, it just keeps on ticking. My husband wants me to get a new car, but I love my CR-V and don't want to change!

Door handles, rear cargo hight, good passenger room, great maneuverability, tow ready.

Make the driver/passenger seats a little wider and place the power window controls on the door panels.

My Review
By nicomp

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

Runs well, always starts, easy to work on, driver's side window motor failed after a few years, otherwise no problems except the A/C compressor self-destructed this summer (2007) and contaminated the entire HVAC system. Dealer wants $3200 to replace everything. I disconnected the drive belt instead. We are seeing much better fuel mileage since then.

2-part rear hatch, no driveline hump in the passenger compartment, easy to work on, shift lever is on the console, rear seats fold flat.

A/C compressor that does not self-destruct. A/C compressor that does not contaminate the entire HVAC system when it self-destructs. Steel wheels are ugly.

Honda CRV rolls on
By Don h

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

No 8 off the production line for year 2000. Got it in Dec 1999. We had our first repair at 145,000, the hydraulic shifter, it's a stick shift. Runs great and we are at 155,000+ now. Seat fits my wife fine but a little small for me though we both can drive despite the difference in height. It is noisy, but the best vehicle We have ever had. The all wheel drive is a big plus. typically get 24-25 miles to the gallon.

Reliablity. and over the road view. Looks nice.

Cup holders are worthless. Needs a little more window tinting. Minor stuff. Soft wheel cover tears easily. Make it a litle quieter.

What a dog!!!
By Clint

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

The CRV is a fairly comfortable car. Not bad to look at. Comfortable interior. Gas mileage is also decent (24-25mph). Thats about where it ends. The all-wheel drive chews up tires, the dinky 4 cylinder engine barely pulls a gentle hill. There is a problem with the stock radiator that caused the engine to run consistently hot (not indicated by the gauge)which led to almost $3000 in repairs. Honda parts are spendy!

Comfortable interior. Rear seat folds down.

Larger engine. Optional 4wheel drive. Fix radiator problem.