2000 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Great SUV
By markllll on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Purchased new in July of 2000. Put new tires on last week at 52000 mi. replaced wiper blades. That's it. Going to give to my 15 year old daughter to drive to school and her mother and I are going to buy a new one.

Awesome Car!!!
By Ultraviolet on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I bought this car new and haven't found anything since that would make me want to sell it. I have never had any problems with it at all. The only small things would be the small plastic panel cover to a compartment on the far back door doesn't stay on and occasionally the brake light comes on for no reason- but for a car with 70,000 miles, that is nothing! The only annoying thing is that a passenger side arm rest was a $50 option that I decided not to get, thinking no one would notice and EVERYONE who has sat there noticed! Aside from oil changes and tires- basic things, this car is maintenance free.

Disappointment
By beube on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

This auto is a disappointment in view of the repair bills on a low mileage auto. It is not solid and has a noisy effect on the road. The gas cap sensitivity with "check engine" lights is infuriating. I will switch to another and better quality vehicle at the next trade. I have owned this car for 4.5 years purchased from dealer.

Overall great suv
By king james on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

i felt that i shoud give my review of this suv before i traded mine in.Over all its a great ride.just had a few problems.1)i have noticed that when u take a very hard turn such as a u-turn it make a wierd ticking sound like an axel is mess-up but i came to find out its comon in all crvs.It never hampered my driving.2) on long trips i found my feet going numb.well i am a tall guy about 6'0.i found myself shaking my legs awake while driving.my wife who is few inches shorter never complained about it.but i do most of the driving.3)for a 4cyl its pretty powerfull.

Best Car I've had
By bvc on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Yes. It's my Honda CRV.

I love my CR-V
By Joyce Kleinholz on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

It has been many years since I had a car that has been this much fun to drive. The manual transmission gives me control, it is responsive, easy to park, fits in the garage just fine and is comfortable and useful.

I love my car!
By Gina Sue on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Cutest car ever! It is the perfect size; big enough that I can see but not like I'm driving a bus. I highly recommend!

My new toy...
By roemer7 on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my white 2000 V SE just before the new year, 12-31-03, for $13,100 (40,103 miles). I don't believe I could have done any better. Everything, from top to bottom, screams "HONDA QUALITY". Driving position, ride, and steering feel top notch. Gas mileage (~21/26) could be better.

Best Economy SUV
By blick138 on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

This is an excellent economy SUV with all the features the average person needs. Like any Honda you never have to turn on wrench. They will run forever. This was my 3rd Honda and never had one single repair with over 250,000 miles total.

Transfer case/rear differential problems
By imslikk on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

At 60,000 miles I am having to replace the transfer case and the rear differential. I am told that the bearings have worn out. The total cost of these repairs is over $3500. I am very dissapointed that the car would need such major work. American Honda has agreed to pay 75%, but it still means almost $700 out of my pocket, not to mention the headache.