Used 2000 Honda CR-V EX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great SUV!!
By tallchris01

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

We bought our CR-V in 2011 with 115K miles on it for a steal. Since then we've taken half a dozen long trips in it (900 - 2000 miles each) without a single complaint. It is surprisingly comfortable and big enough for our family of 4 (and I'm 6'5") and a trunk full of stuff. Looks great, easy to clean, 27mpg on the hwy. We've put 53K miles on it in less than 3 years. Maintenance costs are very reasonable.

Efficient use of space, fold-down rear seats, AWD that really works (very confident in snow). Reliability, low maintenance costs.

I do my oil changes. The oil filter is on the back side of the engine and it's a slightly messy job. Maybe a 2" jack hitch instead of a 1 1/2" one - but I'd probably try towing too much with it...

Fantastic Car!
By SalinaBeamer

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I had this car for 10 years (176,000 miles) and had absolutely NO problems. I changed oil every 3K miles but never had it tuned up in 10 years. I gave it to my daughter in law where it will have a new life. Fantastic car!

more horses

Love it
By lennie grooms

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

Me and my family love are CR-V it is the best car we have ever had. There is over 143,000 miles on it and we have had only one problem and that is with one of are window motors on the passenger side. When you start the engine you have to stick your ear on the hood to hear the engine running. The only maintenance we have done on it was routine. We love this car, my own mother loves are car too, even though she only rode in it once.

Happy with my CR-V
By Jarthan

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I love the versatility of the CR-V, the AWD capability, and the fuel economy. I bought mine used with 90K miles, replacing a leased Jeep Liberty. The CR-V has a smoother ride and uses a lot less gas. It now has 114K miles, but runs good and looks great. The 2000 cc motor is very reliable, but is also very underpowered. That was corrected in 2002. Still, I am a happy CR-V owner and want to upgrade to a 2005 or 2006; no car is perfect. I believe this car has another 60-70K miles left in it.

It's nimble, easy to park, and just plain fun to drive! I also like the electron blue color with the charcoal interior.

Needs to be quieter at highway speeds. And, of course, more power.

Burnt Valves / Defective Head
By qcar

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

My CRV burned a valve at around 65,000 miles. Not what I expected from a Honda! Manual lists 90,000 for valve adjustment. I called the dealer and they offered a high price to repair but no goodwill and no acknowledgment of a defect or revised maintenance schedule. Now at 125,000 miles I have stalling and surging problems due to a defective head design - leading to valve problems. I visited the dealer ($3800 estimate to fix) and called American Honda and got no satisfaction. Almost every CRV driver I talk to has had some valve or head problem. Why no recall? Google Honda CRV burnt valve - this is no rare occurance.

All wheel drive, Gas mileage

Fix defective head issue (maybe done in later models).