Used 2000 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great SUV!!
By tallchris01

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

We bought our CR-V in 2011 with 115K miles on it for a steal. Since then we've taken half a dozen long trips in it (900 - 2000 miles each) without a single complaint. It is surprisingly comfortable and big enough for our family of 4 (and I'm 6'5") and a trunk full of stuff. Looks great, easy to clean, 27mpg on the hwy. We've put 53K miles on it in less than 3 years. Maintenance costs are very reasonable.

Efficient use of space, fold-down rear seats, AWD that really works (very confident in snow). Reliability, low maintenance costs.

I do my oil changes. The oil filter is on the back side of the engine and it's a slightly messy job. Maybe a 2" jack hitch instead of a 1 1/2" one - but I'd probably try towing too much with it...

11 years of worry free driving
By mr_blablabla

2000 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD

Bought new in 2000. The air condition stop working in 2010 got the freon replaced and i was back in business. That was the only issue i've had in 11 years and it's never let me down,not bad eh!. It's all about reliability and this little truck is still running strong with 335,000 km's on it. My daughter wants it so i guess i'll go look at something new.

Great car!
By bpuharic

2000 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD

My goal with any car is low cost of ownership. The Honda CRV (2000) is an AMAZING value. I bought mine with 5000 miles on the odometer, and kept it for 10 years. Its transmission finally gave up the ghost at 210,000 miles. Other than shocks, routine maintenance (timing belt, water pump, tires, etc.) it needed NO repairs, not even a headlight replaced. It's not the most comfortable or stylish car but it is one of the best values in the world.

-Reliability -Ease of driving -Durability

-the 2000 is a bit weak in horsepower compared to later models -it's a bit cramped compared to the Element which I just bought (another Honda!)

Fantastic Car!
By SalinaBeamer

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I had this car for 10 years (176,000 miles) and had absolutely NO problems. I changed oil every 3K miles but never had it tuned up in 10 years. I gave it to my daughter in law where it will have a new life. Fantastic car!

more horses

Amazing!
By parrya92

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

My grandfather had the honda cr-v before he had given it to me (purchased in 2003) I have had no problems with the car. I have replaced the gas tank (western, NY weather corroded it) oil changes, brakes.

All of the hidden compartments, back hatch, hidden fold out table.

none. this car is perfect & reliable. Very fast getting onto the thruway.