2000 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
11 years of worry free driving
By mr_blablabla on 02/26/11 08:26 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

Bought new in 2000. The air condition stop working in 2010 got the freon replaced and i was back in business. That was the only issue i've had in 11 years and it's never let me down,not bad eh!. It's all about reliability and this little truck is still running strong with 335,000 km's on it. My daughter wants it so i guess i'll go look at something new.

Great car!
By bpuharic on 12/17/10 08:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

My goal with any car is low cost of ownership. The Honda CRV (2000) is an AMAZING value. I bought mine with 5000 miles on the odometer, and kept it for 10 years. Its transmission finally gave up the ghost at 210,000 miles. Other than shocks, routine maintenance (timing belt, water pump, tires, etc.) it needed NO repairs, not even a headlight replaced. It's not the most comfortable or stylish car but it is one of the best values in the world.

Great car
By bpuharic on 09/01/10 11:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I have 203,000 on my CR-V. In that time I've replaced the shocks, and the timing belt (as recommended.) Usual stuff like tires, etc. Other than that, NO maintenance issues at all. None. It always starts, always runs. I drove it from Dallas to Philly when it had 180,000 on it with no problem. It gets about 25 mpg. Great car, cheap to own.

Useful SUV
By albatem on 08/01/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

Although this car is sluggish and not at all sporty it is a very useful vehicle. When the rear seats are folded flat there is a great deal of space for cargo hauling. The rear mounted spare tire works well with my spare mounted bike rack. Have not been able to get this things stuck yet, even from a dead stop in 3' snow drifts. Not the best mileage for a 4cyl usually 18 in the city and low- mid 20s on the hwy, very comfortable leather seating for long trips and lots of storage and cup holders. Overall good vehicle for my current needs.

2000 CRV
By mary on 09/15/09 11:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I have loved my CRV since the day I bought it. I have only the normal wear and tear, such as tires, battery oil changes. I now have 103,000 miles and intend to drive it for another 100,00 miles. I get 25 miles a gal around town.

I love my Honda
By bmmcc on 05/03/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

The car is very reliable. The only downfalls are that it doesn't have much pick-up going up hills. Also, the back door opens a little awkwardly. Have to lift the glass window, and then open the lower part like a passenger seat door, to the side. Gas mileage is supposedly 19 mpg city, 23 highway, but I AVERAGE 26 to 30 mpg by driving the speed limit and avoiding sudden acceleration and deceleration. Car has 180,000, and the only thing wrong is ball bearings or something in the wheels, it makes grinding noises when I turn. We haven't had any major work done on the car.

cr-v
By Alyssa on 04/06/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I adore my car - somehow I lucked out and found one that is much, much quieter than most of the cars from this year. Handles well at all speeds, although periodically there is some steering wheel shake above 90 mph. I also have tested the gas mileage I get - several times- and I get somewhere between 25-28 mpg, as opposed to the reported 21 mpg. The breaks are excellent and very responsive. Tight turning radius. I love the column mounted steering design, but it takes some getting used to if you're switching from a regular sedan or SUV. The cup holders are weird, and the lock and window switch placement is bizarre.

Happy as a Lark
By Jeff on 09/06/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

Everybody complains about the power. Well the later year CR-Vs, you got what you asked for, and the MPG dropped right along with it. Now the gas prices are out of sight and the most fuel efficient SUV of its time now gets a lot less than the 25 MPG it got in 2000. I'll never get rid of my 2000. It goes anywhere that any SUV can go. Great in snow. Roomy. Great on gas, and looks good. What do you want?

Love It
By Happy Honda Driver on 04/06/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

No worries. Replaced tires and brakes, oil and windshield washer fluid ... and of course gasoline. That's it. Like Timex, it just keeps on ticking. My husband wants me to get a new car, but I love my CR-V and don't want to change!

Honda CRV- Most dependable & Comfortable
By donna on 07/01/06 16:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I love my Honda CRV. I have driven two types of vehicles my entire life. The Honda is and always has been the most comfortable, safest, dependable.