Used 2000 Honda CR-V SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

11 years of worry free driving
By mr_blablabla

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

Bought new in 2000. The air condition stop working in 2010 got the freon replaced and i was back in business. That was the only issue i've had in 11 years and it's never let me down,not bad eh!. It's all about reliability and this little truck is still running strong with 335,000 km's on it. My daughter wants it so i guess i'll go look at something new.

Great car!
By bpuharic

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

My goal with any car is low cost of ownership. The Honda CRV (2000) is an AMAZING value. I bought mine with 5000 miles on the odometer, and kept it for 10 years. Its transmission finally gave up the ghost at 210,000 miles. Other than shocks, routine maintenance (timing belt, water pump, tires, etc.) it needed NO repairs, not even a headlight replaced. It's not the most comfortable or stylish car but it is one of the best values in the world.

Favorite Features

-Reliability -Ease of driving -Durability

Suggested Improvements

-the 2000 is a bit weak in horsepower compared to later models -it's a bit cramped compared to the Element which I just bought (another Honda!)

Great car
By bpuharic

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I have 203,000 on my CR-V. In that time I've replaced the shocks, and the timing belt (as recommended.) Usual stuff like tires, etc. Other than that, NO maintenance issues at all. None. It always starts, always runs. I drove it from Dallas to Philly when it had 180,000 on it with no problem. It gets about 25 mpg. Great car, cheap to own.

Favorite Features

Reliability. The car is CHEAP to own.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes a little rough riding during a long (1000 mile) trip

Useful SUV
By albatem

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

Although this car is sluggish and not at all sporty it is a very useful vehicle. When the rear seats are folded flat there is a great deal of space for cargo hauling. The rear mounted spare tire works well with my spare mounted bike rack. Have not been able to get this things stuck yet, even from a dead stop in 3' snow drifts. Not the best mileage for a 4cyl usually 18 in the city and low- mid 20s on the hwy, very comfortable leather seating for long trips and lots of storage and cup holders. Overall good vehicle for my current needs.

Favorite Features

utility, winter traction, space, comfort

Suggested Improvements

probably addressed in new models, but more power, better mpg, sportier

2000 CRV
By mary

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I have loved my CRV since the day I bought it. I have only the normal wear and tear, such as tires, battery oil changes. I now have 103,000 miles and intend to drive it for another 100,00 miles. I get 25 miles a gal around town.