Used 2000 Honda CR-V EX Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

The best car ... in the world!
By dasagfx@gmail.com

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Bought a 2000 CRV in 2011 with 198,000 miles on it. It was a good decision; we have already put 60,000 miles on it with hardly any issues. Tire changes and oil changes. Biggest repair bill was a starter coil issue, can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't any financial difficulty and I replaced it myself.

While they were figuring out what was wrong with my starter coil (this was at 227,000 miles) they discovered that one of the 4 cylinders was at 1/2 compression. Uh oh, time to get a new car? They said it would start overheating, I would get low gas mileage, etc. That was a year and 30,000 miles ago, it still gets 30 MPG in the summer (we trip-meter every gas tank, it's pretty consistent). Never overheated, even going 80 MPG on the Montana highways, up mountains, etc. We drove to Missouri and back since hearing the bad news. A/C and heater still work, power windows, lights, everything. Only annoyances are the seatbelts not retracting after turning off (every vehicle I've owned had this issue), road noise (spraying silicon lubricant on the old rubber weather seals around doors fixes it), and noise when making sharp left turns.

Also, spare tire may explode if left in sun, best to make sure to keep a tire cover or park in garage.

So here's what's up, get one of these. $4500 including repairs we paid for 60,000 miles of good gas mileage = 13 miles per $. That's better than $16,000 for a small SUV that you put 200,000 miles on, and we're still counting. Good in the snow, good in town, good in the highway. Small and easy to park anywhere, but seats 5 and storage.

Great SUV!!
By tallchris01

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

We bought our CR-V in 2011 with 115K miles on it for a steal.
Since then we've taken half a dozen long trips in it (900 - 2000 miles each) without a single complaint.
It is surprisingly comfortable and big enough for our family of 4 (and I'm 6'5") and a trunk full of stuff.
Looks great, easy to clean, 27mpg on the hwy.
We've put 53K miles on it in less than 3 years.
Maintenance costs are very reasonable.

Efficient use of space, fold-down rear seats, AWD that really works (very confident in snow). Reliability, low maintenance costs.

I do my oil changes. The oil filter is on the back side of the engine and it's a slightly messy job. Maybe a 2" jack hitch instead of a 1 1/2" one - but I'd probably try towing too much with it...

Fantastic Car!
By SalinaBeamer

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I had this car for 10 years (176,000 miles) and had absolutely NO problems. I changed oil every 3K miles but never had it tuned up in 10 years. I gave it to my daughter in law where it will have a new life. Fantastic car!

more horses

Love it
By lennie grooms

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Me and my family love are CR-V it is the best car we have ever had. There is over 143,000 miles on it and we have had only one problem and that is with one of are window motors on the passenger side. When you start the engine you have to stick your ear on the hood to hear the engine running. The only maintenance we have done on it was routine. We love this car, my own mother loves are car too, even though she only rode in it once.

Happy with my CR-V
By Jarthan

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I love the versatility of the CR-V, the AWD capability, and the fuel economy. I bought mine used with 90K miles, replacing a leased Jeep Liberty. The CR-V has a smoother ride and uses a lot less gas. It now has 114K miles, but runs good and looks great. The 2000 cc motor is very reliable, but is also very underpowered. That was corrected in 2002. Still, I am a happy CR-V owner and want to upgrade to a 2005 or 2006; no car is perfect. I believe this car has another 60-70K miles left in it.

It's nimble, easy to park, and just plain fun to drive! I also like the electron blue color with the charcoal interior.

Needs to be quieter at highway speeds. And, of course, more power.