2000 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Keeps going and going.....
By catherinet00 on 03/24/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I bought this Honda crv after having too many bad experiences with a 1999 VW Jetta. Whew. What a big relief getting rid of the former and getting this crv instead. CR-V currently has about 143,000 miles on it and I have had no major mechanical problems with it. It has never left me on the road alone. It is like the little engine that could. The looks are NOT deceiving for what is under the hood. It is a SMALL SUV, therefore a small engine. This vehicle is perfect for me as a single female with no baggage. I am a city person and 99% of the time I use it to commute to work and other places in the city. It's perfect for me.

Completely Rad Vehicle
By Walsta on 02/09/10 15:06 PM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I purchased my Honda used with 130,000 miles on it. I haven't had any major problems. My only complaint is the power windows are dying and the parts are very expensive. My Accord had the same issue. The car handles very well even in tight spaces. My turn radius is better than that of my sister's compact car. I use cruise control whenever I can to improve my gas mileage. Visibility is very good in this model. My car seats four adults very comfortably. I wouldn't suggest a fifth person on a long trip because there isn't a head rest for the middle passenger. This car is excellent for road trips and has plenty of storage space and a table! It handles well on and off paved roads (I have 2WD).

Love my Cr-v
By Terri on 10/18/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I loved my cr-v very much. Good on gas, reliability is a plus. I was surprised with the picnic table, thought that was thought of Honda including it. Only thing I didn't like about the cr-v is highway uphills driving. There is a loud noise when you drive 70 mph or more. I hate that it can't handle curves and mountains. Other than that, I love my cr-v. I will be buying a 2006 next time. Hopefully honda has improve the cr-v.

My Crv
By Gabe v on 05/02/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

We bought a CR-V the frist of January in 2000. We have had it ever since the car is just amazing. It's fuel efficient, looks great, has lots of low end torque, the smoothers ride and just the reassurance of Honda quality. We just bought the lx model nothing special, front wheel drive not the real time. But I have gone over hills and rocks and steep slopes and everything in this car and not once has it ever failed.

First Review
By JstBghtIt on 04/11/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I just bought this from a dealer for gas savings and family purpose. I have not a chance to do anything to it yet but only to drive it. So far, it's been an excellent ride. I'll be replacing all the fluids out of it and if needed give it a tune up. I'll be back for second review maybe after six months or so.

My Review
By nicomp on 11/15/07 04:21 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Runs well, always starts, easy to work on, driver's side window motor failed after a few years, otherwise no problems except the A/C compressor self-destructed this summer (2007) and contaminated the entire HVAC system. Dealer wants $3200 to replace everything. I disconnected the drive belt instead. We are seeing much better fuel mileage since then.

Great SUV
By markllll on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Purchased new in July of 2000. Put new tires on last week at 52000 mi. replaced wiper blades. That's it. Going to give to my 15 year old daughter to drive to school and her mother and I are going to buy a new one.

Awesome Car!!!
By Ultraviolet on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I bought this car new and haven't found anything since that would make me want to sell it. I have never had any problems with it at all. The only small things would be the small plastic panel cover to a compartment on the far back door doesn't stay on and occasionally the brake light comes on for no reason- but for a car with 70,000 miles, that is nothing! The only annoying thing is that a passenger side arm rest was a $50 option that I decided not to get, thinking no one would notice and EVERYONE who has sat there noticed! Aside from oil changes and tires- basic things, this car is maintenance free.

none
By kllariv on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

looking to buy, read all reviews and sounds like a champ!

Honda CR-V....Best in class
By ONYXDJDIANA on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Honda CR-V is rated high for a reason! I test drove an automatic but preferred the manual for power...I own a 5spd and LOVE IT! I researched all the mini SUV's and Honda was rated highest. Now that I own it, I KNOW WHY! It is roomy, fun to drive, reliable, very quiet, and fully functional. I've used it for DJ equip., distance travel, travel to and from work, etc. (versatile) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me. Only complaint: function of locks.