2000 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Great SUV!!
By tallchris01 on 03/25/14 11:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

We bought our CR-V in 2011 with 115K miles on it for a steal. Since then we've taken half a dozen long trips in it (900 - 2000 miles each) without a single complaint. It is surprisingly comfortable and big enough for our family of 4 (and I'm 6'5") and a trunk full of stuff. Looks great, easy to clean, 27mpg on the hwy. We've put 53K miles on it in less than 3 years. Maintenance costs are very reasonable.

11 years of worry free driving
By mr_blablabla on 02/26/11 08:26 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

Bought new in 2000. The air condition stop working in 2010 got the freon replaced and i was back in business. That was the only issue i've had in 11 years and it's never let me down,not bad eh!. It's all about reliability and this little truck is still running strong with 335,000 km's on it. My daughter wants it so i guess i'll go look at something new.

Great car!
By bpuharic on 12/17/10 08:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

My goal with any car is low cost of ownership. The Honda CRV (2000) is an AMAZING value. I bought mine with 5000 miles on the odometer, and kept it for 10 years. Its transmission finally gave up the ghost at 210,000 miles. Other than shocks, routine maintenance (timing belt, water pump, tires, etc.) it needed NO repairs, not even a headlight replaced. It's not the most comfortable or stylish car but it is one of the best values in the world.

Fantastic Car!
By SalinaBeamer on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I had this car for 10 years (176,000 miles) and had absolutely NO problems. I changed oil every 3K miles but never had it tuned up in 10 years. I gave it to my daughter in law where it will have a new life. Fantastic car!

Amazing!
By parrya92 on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

My grandfather had the honda cr-v before he had given it to me (purchased in 2003) I have had no problems with the car. I have replaced the gas tank (western, NY weather corroded it) oil changes, brakes.

Great car
By bpuharic on 09/01/10 11:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I have 203,000 on my CR-V. In that time I've replaced the shocks, and the timing belt (as recommended.) Usual stuff like tires, etc. Other than that, NO maintenance issues at all. None. It always starts, always runs. I drove it from Dallas to Philly when it had 180,000 on it with no problem. It gets about 25 mpg. Great car, cheap to own.

Useful SUV
By albatem on 08/01/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

Although this car is sluggish and not at all sporty it is a very useful vehicle. When the rear seats are folded flat there is a great deal of space for cargo hauling. The rear mounted spare tire works well with my spare mounted bike rack. Have not been able to get this things stuck yet, even from a dead stop in 3' snow drifts. Not the best mileage for a 4cyl usually 18 in the city and low- mid 20s on the hwy, very comfortable leather seating for long trips and lots of storage and cup holders. Overall good vehicle for my current needs.

Love it
By lennie grooms on 04/18/10 17:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Me and my family love are CR-V it is the best car we have ever had. There is over 143,000 miles on it and we have had only one problem and that is with one of are window motors on the passenger side. When you start the engine you have to stick your ear on the hood to hear the engine running. The only maintenance we have done on it was routine. We love this car, my own mother loves are car too, even though she only rode in it once.

Happy with my CR-V
By Jarthan on 03/31/10 14:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I love the versatility of the CR-V, the AWD capability, and the fuel economy. I bought mine used with 90K miles, replacing a leased Jeep Liberty. The CR-V has a smoother ride and uses a lot less gas. It now has 114K miles, but runs good and looks great. The 2000 cc motor is very reliable, but is also very underpowered. That was corrected in 2002. Still, I am a happy CR-V owner and want to upgrade to a 2005 or 2006; no car is perfect. I believe this car has another 60-70K miles left in it.

Keeps going and going.....
By catherinet00 on 03/24/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I bought this Honda crv after having too many bad experiences with a 1999 VW Jetta. Whew. What a big relief getting rid of the former and getting this crv instead. CR-V currently has about 143,000 miles on it and I have had no major mechanical problems with it. It has never left me on the road alone. It is like the little engine that could. The looks are NOT deceiving for what is under the hood. It is a SMALL SUV, therefore a small engine. This vehicle is perfect for me as a single female with no baggage. I am a city person and 99% of the time I use it to commute to work and other places in the city. It's perfect for me.