The Little SUV that can
By bill wegner on
1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD
Having stepped out of a 92 CaravanES- awd to my CRV has been quite an eye opener.It's not as big,as heavy,as clumsy,or as thirsty as my dodge was.It handles quite gracefully in dry,wet and snow.I feel very safe and planted while driving.My gas mileage, one of the reasons I bought it has gone from 14 city(Dodge) on a good tank to 20mpg like clockwork in the CRV.The highway mileage is about a draw at 23-25.I can't stuff 7 people in it but 5 will fit in a pinch and I'll actually have room in the back for luggage or groceries. With a full platoon in the Dodge there is no room left for anything else.(I guess that's why they had a grand) Quiet,reliable,easy in and out,and cute to boot! A keeper!
Favorite Features
Sitting position,stance on the road.Under normal drtiving quiet as a mouse.Can get alittle noisy under hard acceleration but what car doesn't? Terrific gas mileage with 2.25 gas.Top notch materials and reliability of a Honda.And it doesn't look like every other vehicle out there.
Suggested Improvements
Alittle more power,Maybe alittle smoother shift into overdrive?And alittle more road isolation.Add alittle sound deadner to mu7ch road noise gets into the cabin.