I love my Honda, still feels new
By wetpawsx8 on
1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD
I bought this car new. I had an Explorer and it was just too big for me. The CRV fit me perfectly. I have never been sorry. Usual maintenance has been done, I change oil every 3,000 miles. I now have 174,000 miles, most parts are original. Did the drive belt and water pump as preventive maintenance. original brakes, exhaust. I bought slightly oversized tires and have really been happy with that decision, they seem to wear longer. I drive in new fallen snow without a problem. Have never been stranded. I'm still getting about 24 mpg. The interior is still in good condition and I haul my two dogs with me often. I hope to get another 174,000 miles before I would give it up.
Favorite Features
size, the seats that others complain about fit me well. Still room for taller folks to ride with me. dependability. It feels like it is new still, runs great. Lots of room to haul by big dogs and all their stuff. Even my dog ramp which is quite long.
Suggested Improvements
deeper coffee holders. A cup tips out quite easily. Now I leave the coffee home.