1999 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Excellent Reliability, Great P

1999 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent Reliability, Great Performance
By kopper65 on

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Bought this car used two years ago (2012) with about 80k miles on it. It had had the timing belt replaced already, so I felt pretty confident that this car would last a while before any major mechanical failures, and, so far I've been right. Absolutely no problems in the two years I've owned it, just normal maintenance costs, including new tires. I really love how it drives... it's peppy, handles excellently well, and I love driving it in the snow. I sometimes wish it had a bit more power for acceleration, but not often. I typically just drive it at the speed limit and see gas mileage in the low 20s. Overall I've been very happy with the car and don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon!

Cargo area, including the folding table in the back. I also love the sun roof. Another thing I love about this car is that the interior is very basic, nothing fancy, and almost utilitarian in nature. I'm not a fan of lots of bells and whistles and gadgets. I only wish I had the manual transmission instead.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review