1999 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Transmission died after only 33,200...
By Oregon_CRV on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I have been a huge Honda/Acura fan. In fact my family has owned four Honda/Acura's. We loved our 1999 CRV until two weeks ago when the automatic transmission died. The car is out of warranty it is over three years old, but we only have 33,200 miles on it. The dealer said it will cost $4900 to replace the trany. I have called Honda and am waiting to hear if they will offer a goodwill warranty extension. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Highly recommended
By native21 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I leased mine, intending to give it up next week, but I have not found anything better for the value on the market, so I'm buying it! New CRV is so ugly I can't stand it, but I love my '99. Have never had a problem, and only do regular oil changes. Easy to maneuver, impressive amount of interior room--even more than bigger SUVs. I don't do serious off-roading, but I've taken it places I wouldn't want to drive a car with zero issues. Excellent for camping, and the picnic table...c'mon! What could be cooler?

It Goes Forever With No Problems
By Beamer on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

We bought our '99 CRV new in January of 1999. We now have 102,000 miles without so much as a flat tire. Incredibly reliable vehicle, and it handles well. We purchased the 5-speed manual transmission version, and it is much peppier than the automatic transmission version. I highly recommend the 5-speed version. This vehicle gives you great visibility of the road, and handles like a car with the up-high feel of an SUV. Gas mileage has been real good and the Real- Time 4 WD works real well in the snow and ice.

Love My CR-V
By Mark C. on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

The Honda CR-V is the BEST small SUV on the market today.I have owned my CR-V for almost 3 years now and it has not had to go back to the dealership once for any kind of problem.I feel that it is the best value for it's class.If I have one complaint, it is the cheap Bridestone Dueler HT tires that come as standard equipment on most CR-V's. The tires produced terrible road noise. I just recently put Michelin X one's on my CR-V and the difference was like night and day.The ride is so much smoother and quiter.If you own a CR-V, do yourself a favor and trash the Bridgestone's.I am in love all over again with my CR-V.

1999 Honda CRV
By Steph on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

I've driven this car for 3 years with no maintenance other than oil changes and it has been extremely reliable. I would buy another one.

Best Car I've Owned
By LFPV on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

This is a great vehicle - reliable, built well, great mileage, no maintenance problems throughout the almost 3 years I've had it. Not too big, not too small - Just Right!!! Granted it may not be the most powerful, and it's not a serious off- road contender, but I must admit these were not important issues for me personally. If you want a little more than a car to drive around in, the CR-V does the job well.

Great Mini SUV
By TeresaCRV on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I love this mini SUV and am very happy with the cars interior, exterior, reliability, value. It's excellent to take camping or for skiing trips.

Great Ride/Low Power
By Yardie on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

Great car to own. Fun ride. Sluggish on speed because of low power.

honda crv is number 1
By leighgadek on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

great vehicle. there is nothing else to say - it's a honda...

2 1/2 Years and Counting!
By SherylD on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

This was the first new car I ever bought and I could not be more pleased! I got caught in a heavy snowstorm in Tulsa Christmas of 2000 and the way the CR-V handled was better than the 4X4 truck I had been driving. I watched Jeeps, Explorers, etc. slide everywhere but my Honda never missed a beat. Additionally, other than general maintenance, no work has been necessary. If and when my CR-V ever wears out, I will replace it with another. I'm curious to se if they are really planning to produce a hybrid CR- V.