Used 1999 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

My kind of car
By Kelly

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

This car is very fuel efficient, comfortable and in my opinion has some spunk. I can get my car to go pretty quickly. I'd buy another in a heart beat.

I like the whole car.I haven't found anything I don't like yet.

The clock can be a little brighter but this car is sweet.

Wonderful Car to Own
By jan

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I've owned the CRV since 5/99 and have over 100,000 miles on it. There have been no major breakdowns or flaws. Some things are now needing to be replaced: the catalytic converter is one. The heating system/radiator needs some work now. But it is reliable and has never broken down on me. Mileage is great and it handles well, in snow or horrible rain. I'd buy another CRV in a heartbeat.

The way it handles... it doesn't skid and rarely hydroplanes, even in torrential rains. It is easy to load and comfortable. Even my 85 yr old mom can get in and out of it comfortably, without a stepstool!

none.

Satisfied
By Ann

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my 1999 CRV new and have been very satisfied with it's reliability and functionality. I haul around a dog, groceries, sports equipment and kids with backpacks. I can't think of another car that is better suited for what I need. I owned two Camrys prior to this CRV and I can say for sure that the CRV's interior features are poorer quality than Toyota and here are some examples: stereo was horrible in the CRV but good in the Camry, air conditioning is horrible in the CRV but awesome in the Camry. The CRV doesn't have much "get up and go" if I need to accelerate quickly from a stop. I LOVE the AWD feature and it is fun to drive in the snow.

AWD and high reliability. I like that is has a high clearance.

Improve on the cheap interior.

1999 Honda CR-V
By kjipaulson

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I have had my 1999 Honda CR-V for about 5 years. My main complaint about it is has no get up and go. When I hit the gas, it is pretty sluggish. I put some aftermarket things in it to improve gas mileage. It is a very reliable car, though, and it gets me where I want to go.

A bigger engine would be very helpful.

Small SUV
By Great Small SUV

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

We purchased this vehicle 6+ years ago because we intended to own it for a long time. It has proven to be an excellent purchase. 4 cyl engine with automatic transmission has always been a little sluggish but has been very reliable and dependable. Only expenses have been front brake pads, tires and regular maintentance. All of the recommendations for improvements for this model (armrest for passenger seat, etc) have already been made including more horse power. Gas mileage has been about 22-28 MPG overall. We will buy another CRV in a couple of years.

Interior is very nice. Great upholstery.

Honda has already made the improvements.