Used 1999 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

So Cute!
By iamlysa

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

I gaze out of the window at it all the time, it is such a cute car. It has a lot of get up and go and the A/C is so much better then my Escape was. The gas mileage is better than my 07 Escape Hybrid. I haven't gone on long trips or up any mountains, but for getting from here to there, it is absolutely perfect and the 99 styling isn't outdated and still looks like a fairly new car. Just discovered the picnic table. So cool. I live in the Hippie community of Ocean Beach, Ca, and I think this care has finally found it's permanent home with me.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, cuteness, get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

Of course the passenger side arm rest, I mean they even have them for the backseat, so I'm a bit confused. Thhe drawer under the passenger side is a bit fudgy. But these things are so insignificant. I could come up with way worse criticisms for the Escape.

Best Vehicle Owned
By Hugh

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

I bought this CR-V with 41,000 miles on it, and now have 156,000 on it. Change oil at 3000 miles always with a Honda dealer. Have had 2 minor brake jobs, set of struts, 1 radiator, 1 back-up light, timing belt with belts and water pump (at same time) these were not generic. My son is a cert. mech. wiper blades 2 times,2 tune ups, 3 sets of tires. Only lasting problem is in the hot Texas summers my auto tranny does not want to shift at certain times, it kinda hangs in gear until I give it more gas. I take it in and have the tranny oil changed (3 qt.) 3 times a year, that's a lot cheaper than an AT overhaul or new tranny. Gas mileage never less than 24 to 25 tollway/city.

Favorite Features

Seating and visibility in traffic. Reliability and gas mileage. Maneuverability.

Suggested Improvements

Rear door (which has been changed).

First SUV, recommended
By midkid72

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

My husband & I were looking for an SUV that wasn't to expensive because I just paid off my Honda Civic, & needed something bigger. We found this CR-V @ Salsbury Dodge Used Cars, (my husband works for them), & we decided to go look @ it on the lot & feel in love with it, so we traded in the civic & bought the CR-V. I've had a few problems with it -radiator & tires. But where I work, @ a building supply store, there are nails or screws that I get in the tires. I wish I could find some tires that don't go flat - lol!!

Favorite Features

Sharp turns, roomy, little container under the passenger seat.

Suggested Improvements

Put arm rest on passenger seat & put tires that don't go flat!

Very Practical Ride
By Bob

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

Great Utility vehicle and super reliable. I can't believe how much stuff will fit in the back with seats down. I practically remodeled an entire house without needing a truck.

Favorite Features

Reliable as a Timex watch

Suggested Improvements

more power better MPG. The MPG is a little disappointing for a honda. About 19 avg. between highway and city.

LOVE this car!!
By litleladybug28

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this car in April 2006 and absolutely LOVE my Honda!! I have had to replace my timing belt and water pump at 92,000 for the very first time in my Honda's life but otherwise it's great in winter weather,g reat to transport my dog and me. Great on gas for a 5spd. I'd buy another in a heartbeat! I LOVE my Honda CR-V!

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage,swing out hatch door,

Suggested Improvements

center console instead of small table with 2 cup holders,