1999 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
1999 Honda CRV LX
By Crackatonic on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

This car just flat stopped working around 36000 miles. The engine would die while driving or in idle. The dealer could not determine why. The steering wheel was at an odd angle that fatigued the wrists and hands. The door locks and rear door functionality were poor. The electric windows wore out and had issues (screeching/squeaking) within 30k miles. Tires have poor traction. I would not recommend this one.

Excellent vehicle
By tinbender on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Owned this vehicle for a little over a year and put 15,000 miles on it with no complaints at all. To date this has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. I plan to follow the maintenance schedule in the owners manual and keep this CR-V for a long time.

Well Worth It
By DonaldZ on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I now have 95k miles with regular service only. I have grown to love the window control location. Great combination of room, looks, performance and fuel economy. Very good in snow. The table is cool, but I have yet to find a time to use it. Follow the regular scheduled service and you will have very little to complain about.

Great Little SUV
By Kell on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased my CRV used and with an extended warranty. Last week was the first time I have used the warranty. Its really a great car for my use. Its more comfortable now that I had a passenger arm rest installed. Older passengers always complain that the rear seat is not comfortable.

Honda Truth
By corliss djan on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

The painful experience with my Honda was the lease, not the vehicle. It's a nice looking vehicle, can be fun to drive. Has been fairly Reliable which I expected.

I have a CRV and absolutelyLOVE IT!!!!!
By SJOVTV on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I've had my CRV for 4 1/2 years and absolutely love it. I have had NO problems at all with it. It's spacy, comfortable, fun, it's all I needed. I feel very safe when driving on the snow. It's just the best! When I'm ready to buy another car, I'll get another CRV for sure... I'm hooked!!!

CR-V Review
By Calypso on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I've had my CR-V since August of 1999, and I've never had a problem. It's fun to drive, Good gas milage, and it's rated high. It's big enough to fit a bike or 2 in, but small enough to fit it in tight spaces. It has 56,000 miles and interior still looks like new!

Great Smaller SUV
By Soleil on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Going from a car, this is the perfect starter SUV if you don't want anything big and bulky. This is the first Honda I've owned and I am very happy with the SUV. I have yet to use the picnic table that it comes with, but it's nice to know it's there. I'd buy Honda again - maybe next time I'll upgrade myself to the Pilot.

Highly Recommended
By rbm on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I decided to downsize from a Grand Cherokee and I have not regretted it one bit. Most of my driving is in town, and this vehicle is just right: comfortable, turns on a dime, excellent mileage, and ample cargo space. It's my first Honda, bought used, and I plan to keep it a long time. Drove roundtrip from SC to TX and it was a joy to drive. My LX had some EX upgrades (alloy wheels, CD player) but standard equipment is great for this price range.

Versatility
By Jammer37 on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

In the 4 yrs that we have in this SUV, we have loved every minute of it. Starting with the interior, we are especially fond of the "gap" between front driver and passenger. When our young son requires attention, the passenger can pass from front to back seat with ease. The split fold-down seats have also been a great advantage to us. Lastly, the table has also served us well. We have used it countless times. The exterior is also sleek. And you do sit up just high enough to see over most other cars on the road. Overall, I have loved driving this SUV.