1999 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
A jack of all trades...
By gericked on 12/11/05 13:18 PM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

I moved to the mountainous region of Tenn. from Florida and had to reluctantly trade in my BMW 328 for a vehicle that was more suitable. I loved my BMW... don't get me wrong, but I have no regrets. My CR-V was used with 72000 miles and have now 104000 miles. I have had no problems. Maintenence is too easy! This vehicle does what a vehicle is supposed to do and more. It performs and handles like a car, yet can haul a washing machine. It can go off paved roads, as well as take my business associates to lunch and I always get comments on it. This car is a status symbol: means you are can do it all.

Nice Little SUV
By coboarder on 11/21/05 15:38 PM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

I've owned this car for a few months now, and have really put it to the test. I have horses - and have never gotton stuck in the mud. Taken it skiing 3 times now, and it never slips - even on 7% grades on solid snow pack. Reliable, practical (good gas mileage) but needs more power. Does okay on mountain passes as long as it's not too heavily loaded.

THE car I was looking for
By JEMO on 11/10/05 00:45 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

Just an idea of how reliable this car is. I bought this '99 in '04, having seen it on a website. I checked the background THOROUGHLY through several agencies. Not only was this car still in incredible shape, it had that wonderful record of reliability. It has not disappointed me a year later. Still looks great and runs like a dream. I think this car called to me from that website. Thank goodness.

Practical value SUV
By mongo on 10/14/05 11:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

Very affordable compared to "large" SUVs of unused large drive train and tires for off-road use but not utilized in Suburbia. CRV has more interior room. Automatic shift to 4- wheel drive is great: acts quicker than driver reaction to roacondiction change, and no need to worry about forgetting to be in 4-wheel drive at high speeds. Mileage is 20 to 25 mpg city.

Honda CR-V
By Gardengirlie on 06/20/05 13:51 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

We put a lot of miles on our Honda. It's got over 130,000 and still running like a dream. It's never failed us, gets pretty reasonable gas milage, and is comfortable to drive. We have used the included table more times than you could imagine, camping, grilling out, tailgating, you name it. It's easy to fold down the seats for extra corgo room. We have used the cargo space a lot when landscaping or working on our home projects. We plan to buy nothing but Honda's from now on!

The Little SUV that can
By bill wegner on 06/12/05 03:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

Having stepped out of a 92 CaravanES- awd to my CRV has been quite an eye opener.It's not as big,as heavy,as clumsy,or as thirsty as my dodge was.It handles quite gracefully in dry,wet and snow.I feel very safe and planted while driving.My gas mileage, one of the reasons I bought it has gone from 14 city(Dodge) on a good tank to 20mpg like clockwork in the CRV.The highway mileage is about a draw at 23-25.I can't stuff 7 people in it but 5 will fit in a pinch and I'll actually have room in the back for luggage or groceries. With a full platoon in the Dodge there is no room left for anything else.(I guess that's why they had a grand) Quiet,reliable,easy in and out,and cute to boot! A keeper!

Finally an SUV for everyone
By Roger on 03/14/05 00:16 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

This is the fourth Honda I've owned and will be back for more. It was purchased for my wife and she absolutely loves it. The AWD has saved us many times in rain, snow, mud, etc. The cargo area is extremely large for such a small SUV. The fit an finish is much superior to that of the Ford/Mazda SUV. Quality interior and exterior, excellent engine (although a tad underpowered) and powertrain. Can not say enough good things about this vehicle. As long as you do routine maintainence this vehicle will last you a very long time.

1999 Honda CRV
By yapyap1011 on 03/09/05 15:34 PM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my 1999 CRV used from a friend a year ago and it hasn't disappointed me yet. It has surprisingly roomy seating and everyone that rides in the backseat mentions this to me. The AWD is great in rainy conditions, I can feel the wheels stablize when I hit a puddle. It handles like a car, gas mileage is fair considering the AWD, but I do wish it had a little more power for the uphill climbs. I'm just under 60,000 miles and no mechanical problems.

1997 cr-v
By diego on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

this is my 3rd honda yet and satasfied with the purchase of my lx. critics are'nt to great on the reviews of the cr-v because of lack of power, but i would not trade for the world. i love my honda!

Northern Michigan CRV
By newzboy on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

This car is very capable. The on- demand all wheel drive is a big help here in Northern Michigan where winters can be very harsh. I wish it had more power to challenge hills though. It sounds like a buzz bomb when it's climbing hills. I heard the newer models do have a more powerful engine. The automatic transmission was a little herky-jerky...some hard shifts here and there. You wouldn't know it by looking at it from the outside, but the interior is very roomy for this size vehicle. There's plenty of legroom both front and back. The cargo area is also quite adequate. All in all, this is a pretty fine little SUV.