Used 1999 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great ride , Honda all the way.
By dar

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this CRV 2 months ago with over 160,000 kms. I had no fear as a co- worker has one with 344,000 kms on hers. Suspension is great, rides so smooth, seats are comfortable, Handles nicely, and gas mileage is much better than I expected, better than the protege5 that I just got rid of. Looking forward to the Newfoundland winter to try out the AWD. Will never be without a Honda again. Superior quality, a name to trust.

Comfort, smooth ride, gas mileage.

Better antenna as radio loses single strength easy outside of city. Passenger armrest.

Love This SUV
By Linda

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

I love my CR-V. Going on 10 years old now and have had no major issues with it. Have only replaced battery and tires. That's it. Have driven in 12 inches of unploughed snow with no problem. I don't even want to trade it in and would keep it even longer but 10 years old, so it's time, especially with the tax incentives on new purchases.

All Wheel Drive, reliability

Wish it had privacy glass in rear. Have used an old afghan to hide packages which is annoying.

1999 Honda CR-V FWD LX
By Ken

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

Bought our CR-V new in 1999. 10 years later and 145,000 miles on it the thing still runs like a top. The only repairs we have done, outside of new tires, a battery, & routine maintenance, are the front brakes at 65,000 miles and the electronic door lock relay at 72,000 miles. Everything else is original. (Yes, even the timing belt and the muffler!) Looking forward to 200,000 miles +! Very little body rust even after 10 Vermont winters and salted roads.

Top 3: Reliable, reliable, reliable. We have averaged 25 to 29 MPG each year.

This model year does not have an electronic door button on the passenger door. Minor annoyance.

Fabulous reliable car, love it
By eagle3

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

We have had this car for almost ten years and have only replaced the battery and the tires. We have more than 250 000 km on the car, we take it back and forth to the cottage. We have towed things behind it, moved stuff in it. We have utilized this vehicle to its full capacity and it has given us no aggravations or problems. We would not hesitate to buy it again.

Very spacious, lots of little storage areas.

Practical, bulletproof
By Mark

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

A very practical family car if you don't need to carry more than 4. Lots of cargo capacity, though long items require some creativity. All maintenance has been preventative and at reasonable cost - it's never left me stranded. No problems at all in snow - I've driven in 6-8" depths without an issue. Performance is nearly nonexistent with just the driver and decreases rapidly with payload. High-speed cornering fraught with uncertainty as one might expect with skinny tires and a high center of gravity. I get a very consistent 25 mpg with a 70% highway/30% city mix at 127K miles.

Versatility, cargo capacity, winter performance, excellent reliability, decent gas mileage despite brick-like aerodynamics

Underpowered, noisy at highway speed, uncertain handling when pushed

• SUV