Used 1999 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love My Honda
By hondalover31

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I purchased my 1999 Honda CRV in Feb. 2008. It had 98,000 miles on it. Other than the timing belt and regular ware and tear it has been an excellent car. I now have 267,000 miles on it!!!! I recommend honda to anyone who asks..both my kids drive a honda and my dad just bought his first honda a year ago!

Excellent Reliability, Great Performance
By kopper65

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Bought this car used two years ago (2012) with about 80k miles on it. It had had the timing belt replaced already, so I felt pretty confident that this car would last a while before any major mechanical failures, and, so far I've been right. Absolutely no problems in the two years I've owned it, just normal maintenance costs, including new tires. I really love how it drives... it's peppy, handles excellently well, and I love driving it in the snow. I sometimes wish it had a bit more power for acceleration, but not often. I typically just drive it at the speed limit and see gas mileage in the low 20s. Overall I've been very happy with the car and don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon!

Cargo area, including the folding table in the back. I also love the sun roof. Another thing I love about this car is that the interior is very basic, nothing fancy, and almost utilitarian in nature. I'm not a fan of lots of bells and whistles and gadgets. I only wish I had the manual transmission instead.

Best Car Ever
By dustygirl

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Wish they still made them like this. I am the original owner of my '99 honda crv and now have 191,000 miles on it. No major problems...Just put a new radiator on it about two years ago, the old one just had a pin-hole leak. The original battery lasted 9 years and was still okay, but I decided I'd just be safe rather than sorry and replaced it. Only issue I ever had with it was a bad clunking/thunking when going over even small uneven spots...it was a $12 fix and just needed a new bushing where the sway bar end link went in. We change the oil on time, and change the transmission fluid earlier than what it calls for. I've checked valve clearance and they've always been fine.

Roomy backseat and cargo area. Excellent reliability.

Handles a bit like a cinderblock, but that just keeps me from getting speeding tickets.

206,000 and going strong!!!!
By brewmyown

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I have a 1999 CR-V EX with 206,000 miles and and its still going strong. As others have said, adjust the valves every 20K - 30K (or sooner since its so simple to do in less than an hour without much knowledge at all), change your fluids as scheduled (Transmission, motor oil, rear diff oil, etc.) and it will last a long, long time. Even the cloth interors on these cars lasts forever without showing wear. The vehicle is amazingly roomy inside.

AWD, gas mileage, roominess for a smaller vehicle.

Nothing really

One great little SUV!
By j1powell

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I purchased this car used with only 7000 miles on it. I now have 126,500 miles on the odometer and have towed it at least 25,000 miles behind a motorhome. It has been serviced every 3000 to 4000 miles including all of the Manufacturer's recommended services. Other than a few door dings from several unconscious sloppy people, it looks great and drives great. What a workhorse it has been for us. Great to own!!