Piece of garbage!
By Lauren on
1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD
We bought our CRV in 2004 and we absolutely hate it! We can't wait to get rid of it. It revs up really high when trying to speed up, so it sounds like you are going fast, but you are hardly moving. The cruise control can differ like 10 mph than what you set it at. It has a hard time going up hills and revs up really high. Good luck trying to pass anyone. The stereo sounds horrible. The paint is cheap as well as the carpet. We think there is a slight oil problem because of a little smoke that comes out of the exhaust. Electrical is so messed up! Alot of things don't work properly. Very uncomfortable, especially for long trips. I don't see why people recommend Honda's! They are cheap junk.
Favorite Features
It has good space. I like the orange display. I honestly can't think of anything else that I like at the moment.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage, more comfortable seating, better carpet, better quality stereo, fix electrical issues, better quality body so it doesn't rust as quickly, bigger engine!!! Lock controls on passenger side also, bigger tires, brighter lights. Just re-do the whole stupid thing.