Hard to Beat
By Ian on
1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD
My wife chose this car for her, but I have grown to love it. I told her we HAD to get the 5 spd., as it's a little underpowered for my taste. It makes all the difference in the world, I am sure. I've had three Hondas and they have all been wonderful in ownership. I read a Honda review 20+ years ago and the magazine said that Hondas don't do any one thing exceptionally, but they all things well. I would have to totally agree. This car has never been stuck in the snow, and I have tried. Two feet of snow will get anything stuck, but with a little bit of smart maneuvering, this will go through a fair amount of snow. It gets decent mileage, even with my heavy foot. We bought ours Certified. Nice!
Favorite Features
The little table in the back - we use it often. The tiltable console tray. The super durable Honda EX cloth. Wipe it hard with a good cleaner, and even small soda spills are gone. Height gives good clearance from driving surface. Small & easy to park. MPG. Affordable repairs when needed. Full spare!
Suggested Improvements
Noise is an issue. I know it's not a Lexus LS (quietest on the road), but a little more insulation maybe? More power came in the newer models - this one's is fair. Stereo could be better with low cost added. Small tires. I upgraded to bigger w/ white letter to make it look sportier. Nothing giant!