Used 1998 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great car
By monkd

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

This is an exceptionally versatile car. I have the economy 4WD, so the comfort level is utilitarian, but that's all I wanted, really. This is the car I use for DYI projects and going back and forth to work. The 4 cyl engine is perky, but weak on the steep hills, but the mileage (22/city) makes up for it. It is the only SUV with a wheelbase that actually looks stable.

Great car
By bvillerev

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I have had my car since new. Now, with more than 95,000 miles, it is still an awesome car! I enjoy driving it and am so blessed by the reliability of it. I've always done my routine maintenance suggested by Honda and have only had a couple of things outside of that done. Good ride but not exceptional comfort. A little too much roadnoise if given a perfect situation. But, still one of the best on the market! The only thing I would like to see changed is the corner posts of the car. They are rather large and get in the way of driving with full view on curvy roads. Oh well, I just lean a little and voila!

Length of the passenger compartment makes it possible to carry eight foot lumber, which I do quite often. I also use the "under deck"/cooler area in the rear to store pads/towels, etc so as to keep the inside clean when I do haul anything.

If there would be some way to minimize road noise it would be helpful. Also, the corner posts are rather beefy and make driving curvy roads with full frontal view difficult.

Do This , Be Happy
By Billy Clevenger

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

Just a few words to the wise.Change the transmission fluid every 30,0000 miles or so being it's cheap because there is no filter. I waited and transmission started acting up after 60,000 miles. Also be sure to check cabin filter. After 7 years it was terrible. It is located behind the glove box. This is a VG vehicle and I recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable used car. Fun to drive and like a cat in snow. Go Honda !

The handling...4 x 4 goes anywhere.

No maintenance timing chain. Come-on Honda , Suzuki has discovered it!

My CR-V
By Sharon Hayes

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Excellent gas mileage. Good ride. Could be more quiet.. Good in snow. Great for hauling stuff. Could be more comfortable on long trips

Body style, accessories, gas mileage. Driver's view. Easy to read interior gauges. Great heating and cooling

Quieter, smoother ride, better sound system, more comfortable drivers seat and all seats, better positioned head rests, more adjustable seat belts

Honda lives up to its name
By JBarnes404

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

This is a very very very good brand of autos, I was looking for an Expedition for about $10 K, but ran into a CRV, drove it and loved it...got it with 100000 miles now 126000 not one problem replaced the brake pads and oil changes this Honda looks and drives like new, I bet I can get well over 200000 miles we will see.

Controls, bendable mirrors, window controls and cruise.

a v6