1998 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
CRV Review
By Charlotte on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

My CRV has been a very reliable, usable vehicle. My only complaint would be the dealer service. I have found it to be much more economical to get it serviced by a reliable mechanic. He is not as inclined to replace parts that are in good condition.

Great little SUV
By Ivorman on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

Biggest factor was the lack of power and the "dreaded" overdrive kick in to go over the smallest of hills. Even worst with a load. But with some modifications all is well. Replaced intake with performance tube, performance wires and plugs, added with a Tuner muffler, we have good power and sound. I would have to go after performance chips for engine and gas flow next followed by header with better piping.

My Honda CRV Experience
By Dawgfan1 on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

This has been a good car for camping and skiing trips. I have had no problems with it. The only draw back would be, as with all SUVs, the gas mileage which averages about 21mpg.

CR-V is a top car
By Honda Man on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my CR-V less than a year ago, have put over 13,000 miles on it, and have had no problems at all. It has been terrific in bad weather, and the real time 4WD is great for fuel economy, since it is 2WD unless it needs the 4WD. I would recommend to anyone, no matter why they are getting a car.

CRV's
By Great CRV on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

My Crv has been nothing but trliable in the four years I have owned it. It Has taken me and my family on many trips to the Rockie mountains. I read the review of the last guy who reported transmission problems and i believe he may have got a very rare lemon. I see nothing but honda quality in my crv. I have never had to do any unscheduled repairs and it still runs smooth and great.

Long Haul Reliability
By Corporate Traveler on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

Loved my Honda when I bought it & continue to enjoy it. Currently has 70k + miles & is strong! Traveled for 2 years throughout the SE on business which placed lots of miles on CR-V. Haven't had one trouble with my car as of yet! Feel comfortable taking it on all my long trips esp. in stormy weather. Yet, it has lots of room for family, kids & pets. My 6'2" father sits comfortably in the back seat too. And, who couldn't love the convenience of a sturdy card table in the back! Definately a car a woman can appreciate!

Very Reliable
By Pleased Customer on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I am very happy with this vehicle. It is my first Honda and my first SUV after having a very sporty car. It is extremely reliable. I've only had to change the oil regularly and replaced the tires and brakes once in the 3 years I've had it. My SUV has manual transmission which is still reliable after 60,000 miles so far...

Reliable CRV
By sbatters on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I've owned my CRV for over 4 years and have not had a sinlge problem. It runs and drives great. The only problem I've had is I ran over a nail and had to get it plugged. Other than that no problems.

Great Vehicle
By crvboy on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I've had my CR-V for almost 4 years now and other than oil changes, 2 tune ups and a set of tires, never had a problem with it. It could use a bigger engine, especially the 126 hp '97 & '98s, but it's still a great car. It's got honda's reliablity, comfort, build quality and everything else that makes honda a great vehicle manufacturer, and a great buy. With the newer model, a great honda vehicle continues.

Buyer Beware.
By Nurseman on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my CR-V for a couple reasons. Honda's name and reliability, and because I wanted an SUV with decent gas mileage. Well I had my CR-V for 3 years before the Transmission started to show problems. I spent more on maintainence than any other car I have owned. I was very dissapointed when the transmission started having trouble litterally miles after the warranty ran out. Seems to me that if Honda has such a "reliable" vehicle they would offer a better warranty. I will buy American from now on...at least when they break I can afford to fix them or find the parts to fix them myself.