Used 1998 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love My Honda
By Miguel Funez

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I've had this car for a few years now. Bought it used at the Honda dealership. It runs like a charm with over 100k miles on it and is standing up to normal wear and tear of the interior. It doesn't have as much power as a car with a bigger engine would but I'm not driving up any mountains so that's okay. I'd rather save on gas anyway. Interior design is nice with four cup holders up front and lots of storage space. There's a center console and a hidden drawer under the passenger seat where I can store napkins, maps, etc. Silver was a good choice because it's holding up nicely in the California sun, no fading or anything. When I buy a new car I'll likely buy the newest CR-V.

Comfortable seats, nice interior design, reliability, leather seats, storage space. Huge cargo capacity (I've gotten some pretty big pieces of furniture in the back!).

Clicker to remotely unlock the doors!

Awesome car!
By tommy

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I love this car! It looks good, good gas mileage, quiet and being a honda I know it is reliable! It has side impact bars and front and rear crumple zones, which makes it pretty safe for me and my 2 year old! I would recommend to any small family!

Side impact bars and front and rear crumple zone! And after a little research the engine is terrific, too!

Window locks on door not console.

I'll only be buying Honda in the future
By Stephanie

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I love my 156,000 mile 9 year old CRV. I bought this car at 75,000 miles 4 years ago and have not had to spend any money on repairs. My only expenditures have been oil changes and a mileage based water pump/timing belt replacement. I would recommend the CRV to anyone. We are tentatively looking to replace my CRV with a new 2007 body style with nicer interior amenities, but I don't know if I'm ready to give this one up yet.

Reliability. Best compromise between car-like gas mileage and SUV-like size. Winter road handling! The AWD really helps with traction.

More pep. It is somewhat difficult to get up to full speed when entering a freeway/going up a hill/driving against the wind. But you can't beat the value of this lil' SUV. My second request would be a more stylish body, but Honda took care of this in the newer models.

8 Years Old & Going Strong!
By Mike

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my CRV new just over 8 years ago and this has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. At 116,000 miles I still have not had to replace a single light bulb in the car. The Reliability and Quality have far exceeded my expectations! To date, I have not spent a dime on any unexpected service related items. It hauls my family of 4 nicely and provides plently of cargo room when needed. Keep up the good work Honda!

Overall ownership experience & style of vehicle.

5 speed Automatic transmission.

Best Car Ever
By mchae

1998 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I love my CR-V and am considering getting a new one. It has been 100% reliable and the best car I've ever owned even after 165k miles.

Comfort and room. Runs like new.

Passenger armrest. More engine power. Easier to fold down back seats.