1998 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: 282,000 Miles

1998 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

282,000 Miles
By Vito on

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased this vehicle 8 years ago with 79,000 miles. I have averaged well over 25k miles per year and have NOT had any major issues. Original engine and transmission. Original A/C compressor blows cold. I have yet to replace the original muffler. I have serviced this vehicle per Honda's specifications with the exception of oil changes. I change oil & filter every 7500 miles.I have never got this kind of reliability & performance in 40 years of owning and driving American built cars. Gas mileage:21-23 city, 25-26 hwy. This vehicle refuses to quit. This is the best vehicle I have EVER owned! I will, without hesitation, purchase another Honda CR-V!

Fold down split rear seats; rear table; storage space under rear table; many storage compartments.

In newer models:. Honda has moved the power window controls from the dash to the driver's door arm rest. They have also added a left arm rest to the front passenger seat.