1998 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: 10 Years and Still Lovin' It!

1998 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

10 Years and Still Lovin' It!
By Roy on

1998 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

The perfect small family SUV! I bought mine new over 10 years ago and as of today it just went over 218,000 miles. Other than normal maintenance I have had no trouble at all with this vehicle. Great ground clearance has allowed me to do some light off- roading with it. As mine is only FWD I was apprehensive about moving to Upstate New York with it, but it handled the deep snows up there in admiral fashion using just regular all season tires. Even though I am thinking of getting a newer Honda (Pilot) I am not getting rid of my CR-V. This is the first vehicle that I have owned for more than 3 years and given it's outstanding reliability I plan to keep it for another 10 years.

High ground clearance yet car-like handling. Huge amount of interior space for a vehicle of its size. Comfortable ride even fully loaded on long trips. 21 MPG City and 24-27 MPG Highway. Reliability! Reliability! Reliability!

More horsepower. Armrest for front passenger seat. Less road noise. Brighter or different color display for clock for bright sunny days.