2015 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2015 honda Civic SE
By Dass

2015 Honda Civic Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Great car, nice to drive, I Like the safety measures of honda. I am moving out, so want to sell this car.

Honda Hits a Home Run!
By Dr Civic

2015 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2001 Honda Civic LX with 268k miles finally had to go due to mounting repair costs and I ended up replacing it with this beauty. This car is solidly built for a "basic" car. The interior has a clean look and the outside looks quite sharp. I opted for a 5spd Manual since my prior car was one and admit it is quite peppy with a smooth clutch. I walked off the lot with the car brand new for $15,200 (not including tax, fees, etc). The car handles very well, with very little road noise on the freeways and is quite responsive (avg 35 MPG, 60% Freeway). My only gripe was the stock radio was not very good with a lot of static, I am not sure if it's the area I live but my prior car didn't have the issue. I wanted an LX since I could swap out the center console that was better then what Honda (Honda Link) made, I ended up replacing the OEM ratio with a Pioneer 4100NEX (Android Auto/Apple Car Play, HD Radio, etc) which ran $500 out the door. For the price and what you get with the whole package you can't go wrong. I had a choice with the 2016 but the 2015 model was by far a better deal and with the new radio, brings in many features the 2016 model incorporates for a premium. Out the door for a car brand new <16k you can't go wrong, I think a comparable car with the upgrades would go for >23k. Overall a great buy and reliable so far.

Best I've ever had
By michael tutty

2015 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Do your research, but most car talking heads do agree: this is one fine vehicle that is reasonably priced.

Nice drive for the price but need improvements
By Anil Pabbisetty

2015 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Biggest drawback is the controls on the navigation system and audio system needs improvement. Who ever did the usability missed the basics on it.

Good little commuter/driving kids
By Vi Tang

2015 Honda Civic Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Well, I got such a good deal, can't complain. I bought at the end of the year and got it for $17,500. Then I negotiated lifetime powertrain warranty, 2 year maintenance, 0% financing, over blue book trade in. Klein Honda in Everett, WA is great.

So, the car runs great, quiet, comfortable (minus the darn head restraints/rests). Quick to accelerate on freeways. Stops on a dime. Great on the snow (I have Michelin X-Ice's for the winter). I'm getting average of 30mpg, but I drive in the city most of the time. I did get 38 MPG on a road trip over the mountain pass. Mine came with big touch screen and lane watch (which I turned off).

Nice thing is my wife has a 2014 Honda CRV and the controls are almost identical. We can jump into either cars, adjust the seats and mirrors and off we go. Compared to the CRV, this civic is quieter, quicker steering, and accelerates quicker. I love both of them, but the Civic has a much sportier feel. The CRV has its advantages too, like a lot more trunk space and really good traction in 2 feet of snow (CRV has Blizzak's for the winter).

The engine was a little noisy first few hundred miles during startup, but went away after it broke in. The CVT transmission took a little getting used to, but if you don't look for the transmission to shift and don't worry about it, it is really seamless and smooth.

I do wish it had more trunk space and better head rests. Darn head rests cant forward so much that if you like to sit up straight, you are looking at the steering wheel instead of the road. So I just recline a little, but it makes me feel like I'm a gangster or something.