Used 2014 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Civic Si

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Probably not the target SI buyer!
By rjgcyder

2014 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife bought a new CRX in 1989. When kids arrived in 1993 we part exchanged it for a more sensible car - much to her disappointment. The kids are now in college, so we looked around for a fun car, principally for my wife to commute, but also for the kids to use when the others are taken. Everyone wanted a manual transmission, so that limited the choice. We tried the GTI, BRZ, Mini Cooper and Mazda 3. My choice was the BRZ, but was overridden on the grounds of practicality. In the end my wife chose the SI as she found it the most fun to drive - once you have had a screaming Honda 4, nothing else quite has the buzz...

Favorite Features

The engine and transmission. Driving position and ride are worthy of praise too. Ironically, my wife and I were concerned the SI was the least sensible choice of the cars we looked at - from the perspective of letting our teenage kids drive it. It's that engine again - none of the competition encourage you to wring their neck as much...

Suggested Improvements

We read a review on the Si. The reviewer stated at 34 years old, he was above the target audience... This is perhaps true. It is a shame the general appearance is so boy- racerish - huge wheels, spoiler etc. I miss the more understated look of the earlier ones.

Lots of bang for your buck
By dpollaro

2014 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

'14 Honda Civic Si Sedan. I needed the practicality that the sedan offered, & to be honest I like the way it looks better than the coupe. So far I've put about 1K miles on the car. Honda's manual gearbox is amazingly smooth and easy to drive. Engaging without being a pain. The car is quick for what it is: a four-cylinder, naturally aspirated engine. The exhaust note puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel, & acceleration on the Si allows for overtaking slower drivers with ease. The build quality of the car is fantastic both inside & outside. The ride quality is pretty good, bumps can be a little jarring but its not built for touring. Overall I am quite pleased with the car!

Favorite Features

18" rims, touch-screen head unit, smart key access with push to start, backup and lane-watch cameras, and the 6-speed close ratio gearbox!

Suggested Improvements

offer XM/HD radio without Navigation, heated exterior mirrors, & automatic climate control

SIfy Fun
By 370zsifi

2014 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The lines on the car, to my eye, are well thought out and handsome. Although I have not put allot of miles on it yet, it is immediately apparent it is screwed together well. Just feels like a solid car. In the end if you are looking for a daily driver that is economical to purchase and own, one that is safe, that has got enough, "sport" to put a smile on your face, So far, for me, the SI nails it."

Favorite Features

Fun 2 drive, Economical; Solid; Design; Expected reliability; FANTASTIC 6 speed and clutch; Comfortable; Bargain Price and Bang for the Buck.

Suggested Improvements

Needs Temp. gauge for engine, (has idiot lights, one Blue 'till engine is warm and of course Red overheat); Swap Start button and Hazard Light button location, ,(easy to hit the mist function for wipers reaching around steering wheel to push the start button); Get rid of Rev Hang, (RPM doesn't immediately drop upon engagement of clutch,can be kinda annoying, but no big deal).Backseat ingress/egress, (if using back seat allot, get sedan).