2014 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good at everything
By fronteeer on 12/04/14 16:18 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2014 Civic is a really inexpensive car. The mid-line EX with the fog lights option, has everything a premium car has, for under $22K, except leather. It's not as sporty as the WRX or Lancer, but it's sporty enough and way less expensive. It's not as powerful either, but it's more than powerful enough, even with Econ on all the time.

Probably not the target SI buyer!
By rjgcyder on 12/02/14 13:41 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife bought a new CRX in 1989. When kids arrived in 1993 we part exchanged it for a more sensible car - much to her disappointment. The kids are now in college, so we looked around for a fun car, principally for my wife to commute, but also for the kids to use when the others are taken. Everyone wanted a manual transmission, so that limited the choice. We tried the GTI, BRZ, Mini Cooper and Mazda 3. My choice was the BRZ, but was overridden on the grounds of practicality. In the end my wife chose the SI as she found it the most fun to drive - once you have had a screaming Honda 4, nothing else quite has the buzz...

Gas mileage and NAVI not as expected
By nicastm on 11/25/14 11:03 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The gas mileage is definitely not as I expected. My 2006 Civic EX that I traded in had better gas mileage with over 100,000 miles on it. I have it set with ECON all the time and I feather the gas petal to a point that I almost get in an accident for slow acceleration, and still only get 34-36 MPG at best. I have yet to get over 380 miles on a tank full. I use to get 425 plus on my 2006 Civic with the same gas tank size. Also, the NAVI system is terrible. No spoken street names for a 2014 model???, are you kidding. Plus it is not very intuitive and can't make changes as you drive. Big waste of money. The only good thing is there is no other GPS device mounted to the dash.

Best Compact for Commuting...go with EX Trim
By tgrit68 on 11/16/14 12:40 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Put aside the sporty and nifty handling of the Mazda3 and Ford Focus because what most commuters want for the 5-day grind is a smooth riding highway vehicle with low cockpit noise, and that's where the Honda Civic excels. I have been getting 33 mpg combined in city/highway driving or about 400 miles before the next refuel. On really long highway trips with the ECON button on, I have hit 40 mpg! The EX trim is where the value lies for commuters...rear disc brakes, auto headlights and "pothole friendly" 16 inch tires with beautiful alloy rims.

Best Compact by Far
By medford41 on 11/14/14 15:10 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Recently purchased a new 2014 Honda Civic EX Sedan. Test drove a Toyota Corolla, Mazda 3, and Kia Forte. No comparison to the Civic.

Typically solid Honda
By dafs on 10/26/14 07:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Having already owned 3 Hondas, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect from the 2014 Civic. The superior build quality is typically Honda, as is the great gas mileage. The specifications and features are pretty high on the EX model, although there are some competitors (mainly Hyundai and Kia) who might offer 6 speed trans or satellite radio for example, within the same category/price range. That said, I'm a firm believer in the durability and craftsmanship found in every Honda model, so these are small sacrifices in my eyes. The car is beautifully finished overall, from the solid feel of the switches and controls on the interior, to the fit of the exterior panels, lights and trim.

Lots of bang for your buck
By dpollaro on 09/24/14 19:46 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

'14 Honda Civic Si Sedan. I needed the practicality that the sedan offered, & to be honest I like the way it looks better than the coupe. So far I've put about 1K miles on the car. Honda's manual gearbox is amazingly smooth and easy to drive. Engaging without being a pain. The car is quick for what it is: a four-cylinder, naturally aspirated engine. The exhaust note puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel, & acceleration on the Si allows for overtaking slower drivers with ease. The build quality of the car is fantastic both inside & outside. The ride quality is pretty good, bumps can be a little jarring but its not built for touring. Overall I am quite pleased with the car!

LOVE IT!
By jackowen112592 on 09/18/14 15:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I leased my 2014 EX Sedan in late July and now have almost 400 miles on it. I had a 2012 EX Sedan before this and I think this car is way better!. The steering feels better weighted, maybe even sportier, plus this car is quiet whereas my 2012 was loud. I love the backup camera and the LaneWatch monitor because I had neck surgery last year. I also looked at the Subaru Forester but I didn't want an SUV and wanted good traction because Chicago winters can get messy, so the Civic fit the bill and it has FWD so yes, my Civic can handle the snow just like my old one did. The Honda's interior is modern whereas the Subaru looked outdated.

Most under-rated Hybrid - 2014 Civic Hybrid
By chorlacher on 09/16/14 10:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I both love driving this car! It's a smooth quite ride and has a very comfortable, and nice looking, interior and we love the exterior look too. We bought it almost two months ago and have over 3000 miles on it. We had a 1600 mile trip to Canada with it. We averaged 47mpg for the entire trip. That was with a family of four (a 5 year old and a 3 year old) and the car loaded down driving up and coming home. My first time filling the car after two weeks of regular usage it took 10.8 gallons and we had driving 555 miles since the last fill-up, 51mpg! For just my 18.6 mile commute to and from work I get high 50s (up to 62mpg) to work and low to mid 50s home.

Best car I've had. Major improvement over 2012 model
By jackowen112592 on 09/05/14 23:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I leased this car and I've had it for a little over a month now, and I just LOVE this car!. I got a bang for my buck!. I had a 2012 EX prior to this car and this car is eons better!. The styling is awesome!. The steering is sportier, the interior is better built and I love the push button start, LaneWatch and backup camera. I need a backup camera due to limited range of motion from surgery. I pay $80 less than I did for my 2012 but get more for my money. The car rides smoothly but don't expect it to be like my Mom's Lexus or even my Dad's Acura though. I was originally going to get a Subaru for good traction for Illinois winters but the Subaru felt dull and dated compared to my new Civic.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda Civic in VA is:

$159 per month*