2014 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
LOVE IT!
By jackowen112592 on 09/18/14 15:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I leased my 2014 EX Sedan in late July and now have almost 400 miles on it. I had a 2012 EX Sedan before this and I think this car is way better!. The steering feels better weighted, maybe even sportier, plus this car is quiet whereas my 2012 was loud. I love the backup camera and the LaneWatch monitor because I had neck surgery last year. I also looked at the Subaru Forester but I didn't want an SUV and wanted good traction because Chicago winters can get messy, so the Civic fit the bill and it has FWD so yes, my Civic can handle the snow just like my old one did. The Honda's interior is modern whereas the Subaru looked outdated.

Most under-rated Hybrid - 2014 Civic Hybrid
By chorlacher on 09/16/14 10:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I both love driving this car! It's a smooth quite ride and has a very comfortable, and nice looking, interior and we love the exterior look too. We bought it almost two months ago and have over 3000 miles on it. We had a 1600 mile trip to Canada with it. We averaged 47mpg for the entire trip. That was with a family of four (a 5 year old and a 3 year old) and the car loaded down driving up and coming home. My first time filling the car after two weeks of regular usage it took 10.8 gallons and we had driving 555 miles since the last fill-up, 51mpg! For just my 18.6 mile commute to and from work I get high 50s (up to 62mpg) to work and low to mid 50s home.

Best car I've had. Major improvement over 2012 model
By jackowen112592 on 09/05/14 23:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I leased this car and I've had it for a little over a month now, and I just LOVE this car!. I got a bang for my buck!. I had a 2012 EX prior to this car and this car is eons better!. The styling is awesome!. The steering is sportier, the interior is better built and I love the push button start, LaneWatch and backup camera. I need a backup camera due to limited range of motion from surgery. I pay $80 less than I did for my 2012 but get more for my money. The car rides smoothly but don't expect it to be like my Mom's Lexus or even my Dad's Acura though. I was originally going to get a Subaru for good traction for Illinois winters but the Subaru felt dull and dated compared to my new Civic.

4 Months later and love it
By ripp1582 on 08/23/14 14:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

First new car and I have no regrets. Averaging 35 mpg, build quality is good and car is plenty powerful. Two tier dash takes some getting used to it but no issues now. Back up camera is awesome and so is Bluetooth.

Very Uncomfortable Seats!
By beachbum78 on 08/21/14 18:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car one month and my back is getting worse by the day. Have tried the seat repositioning and adding support cushions to no avail. I have one more orthopedic cushion on order to try. My husband's back went out after a 30 minute ride (he's 5'-10 and I'm 5'-4" - not overweight) and my 70-lb. 12 yr old niece also complains of back pain in this car. Leased through Honda Financial Service and they do not allow any transfers of leases (i.e. leasetrader or swapalease). After researching this further, many Honda seat complaints have been posted in recent years. (Oh - the dealer said they will take it back in a trade - at a $3000 loss to me!!)

Awesome Civic
By civicman4 on 08/04/14 01:40 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2014 Civic LX sedan with the CVT transmission in July 2014. Have owned it for about 1 month and currently have about 1000 miles on it. Love it so far! Averaging about 35 miles per gallon and getting about 400 miles to the tankful! Power is adequate for most driving conditions and the car is fun to drive. Seats are very comfortable and this car has a ton of features for the money (I paid $16,700 not including tax and license). If you're looking for a safe, reliable, economical car, this is it.

Was misinformed concerning gas mileage
By garten1 on 07/27/14 11:14 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

April, I bought a 2014 EXL honda civic. I had a list what the car must have. Gas mileage was top on the list. I live 30 miles from town, all 75 miles hi-way. I use cruse, Econ button, and and stay in the green dash light. I have yet to see 40 mpg or even close to that mileage. The car has 3000+ miles and the Dealer said the car would get better mileage with the summer gas and once the car passed 1500 miles The car is averaging 27/33.

Love This Car!
By highwayman4 on 07/17/14 20:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

After seeing many family members and friends over the years owning and loving their Hondas, I decided to give in and try one on myself. I am simply amazed. A compact car that is as roomy, comfortable, and quiet as a much larger, more expensive car. Steering feels great, turns quick, soaks up the bumps, sudden braking no problem, gives the driver a feeling of confidence. Acceleration could be a little better but it's acceptable from a 4 cylinder with automatic. I've gotten 37 mpg combined city-highway. Incredible value for the money.

SIfy Fun
By 370zsifi on 07/04/14 06:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The lines on the car, to my eye, are well thought out and handsome. Although I have not put allot of miles on it yet, it is immediately apparent it is screwed together well. Just feels like a solid car. In the end if you are looking for a daily driver that is economical to purchase and own, one that is safe, that has got enough, "sport" to put a smile on your face, So far, for me, the SI nails it."

Rattle rattle rattle
By music4life85 on 06/24/14 11:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Maybe it's because They just redesigned the coupe for 2014, I'm not sure, but before hitting 1k miles I have two incredibly annoying rattles - one coming from the steering column and one coming from the back shelf above the rear seat. Took to dealership and of course they can't find it (doesn't help that all the roads in the area are freshly paved). Gas mileage is....okay. Where I live in N Florida it's incredibly hot and very hilly so not surprising that with the ECO I'm still only getting 25mpg city. Otherwise the car is great. Honda really revamped the Civic to compete well with other small cars.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda Civic in VA is:

$159 per month*