2013 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Another hit for Honda

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Another hit for Honda
By fronteeer on

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rack up a lot of mileage and I have kids to shuttle around so I need a car to be 100% reliable and inexpensive to run. I also think dealer service is a waste of money and the only service I perform on my cars is an oil change and tire rotation at whichever quick-lube joint I happen to be driving by when the maintenance minder goes on. I could drive a Toyota, but talk about bland. Civics are the perfect blend of sporty and economical, have great driving manners, good build quality and are more than powerful enough to appeal to most drivers. The 2013 is no exception, not to mention it's so classy and well equipped you really wonder how long people are going to waste money buying luxury cars.

Favorite Features

Butter smooth manual transmission, intuitive steering wheel controls, Bluetooth streaming and hands free speakerphone, auto-off lights inside and out to save the battery, interior design very upscale, trunk release on key fob, backup camera, sunroof, heated sets, nice alloy wheels, motor is more responsive than 2011 model I traded in, fuel economy consistently fantastic no matter how you drive.

Suggested Improvements

The seat fabric looks cheap, even though it gets the job done very well; climate control system too complicated and always seems to be either too hot or too cold; change tray and covered cup holders should have been kept from 2006-2011 model, because they functioned perfectly and were aesthetically pleasing. That's it.