2013 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Not bad, not great.

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX PZEV Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Not bad, not great.
By jackshelby on

2013 Honda Civic LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the car has performed its purpose and I am satisfied. There are a few things I am disappointed with, first being the paint. The car is black on black, and have had it almost 10 months and put on over 20,000 miles. The car looks like it has been through a sandblaster. My old car, a 1998 Honda civic, is in about the same condition but it took 14yrs of wear to get in that condition. Its pretty disappointing to have a car less than a year old look this bad. Second, the mileage is mediocre. Average 31 mpg highway, although I don't ever drive city so I don't know if it would stay the same or get worse. In Hondas defense, the highway speed is usually 75-80mph so that doesn't help.

Favorite Features

The period between oil changes is about 9,000 miles, which is nice. Cuts my changes by a third and much more convenient for my schedule. Nothing has broken, which is also nice. I like the handling and decent amount of power for what it is.

Suggested Improvements

better quality paint; brake pads needed to be changed after only 20,000 miles; Disappointed in remote starter(very bulky, makes you shut off car before you can get in so you immediately have to restart, should be incorporated with ignition key); mileage good, not great; ECO button seems to just make car not accelerate so I end up pressing gas pedal harder; CVT transmission can be odd