Honda Civic 2013 EX-L
By mcuyafx on
2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I've had the car for over a month now so I think I can write a fair review. I considered the Corolla, the Mazda 3, and Nissan Sentra and while I liked the colors available in all of those, I felt more comfortable driving a Civic. My old 2003 Civic was great and this is awesome! Bluetooth, spacious room for a 5'5 male. The car is just fun to drive and gives great MPG. It's quiet and climate control is great. I didn't like the wheels at first but I love the sporty look on them now. Trunk space is limited but spacious enough for groceries, sporting equipment, and the crap I carry around. Dealer wanted to sell me multiple warranties, my response.."It's a Honda!" I know it will start in the a.m.
Favorite Features
-Bluetooth, I don't have to deal with cables anymore and my Samsung S3 connects to my Civic in no time. I can use Pandora but I can't see the artist...I think the stereo is more compatible with Iphones. No biggie, at least I can see the artist, songs if I use Google Music on my S3 or if I connect my old IPOD. Phone calls are great, people say they can hear me fine, some complain but it's more like their phones and their reception. -Leather Seats-They are great and comfortable, compared to my old 2003 Civic it feels like driving on a cloud. -Lights, lights are automatic so you don't have to deal with them anymore. Fog lights and lights remain on while I get inside my house.
Suggested Improvements
Available Colors - When I went to dealerships and I was test driving cars, I knew I wanted to get a red car. Mazda, Nissan and Toyota have bright red colors available but Honda does not on a Sedan. That's BS! You have to get the SI to get that red...sure you can get the metallic burgundy but that color is awful. It's just too dark and metallic. I didn't want to get a black car again but I know even if my car is 10 years old...once you clean and wax your black car.. it looks hot! Come on Honda....bring back the bright colors...metallic colors suck! -HID lights would be nice but I guess it would add to the price..which I'd willingly pay. -Chrome door handles. -Chrome around the windows.
By ter12
on 12/31/13 21:18 PM (PST)

I just got the Honda Civic EX in the Dyno Blue. A Beautiful looking car. I traded my 2008 same model. Very disappointed that the MPG is not what I was told. Suppose to be 28 - 40 on highway. It is 26. The ride is not comfortable. Does not run well in snow, like my 2008. ALSO, it hesitates when I start it up like the battery is weak. Also, doesn't respond when accelerated,it hesitates. . I have tried the acceleration form a stop with both echo on & off, and car hesitates. I agree with one other writer, the visors are cheaper that my older model. Also the arm/rest/cup holder in mid back seat is narrower. The doors are heavier which is a plus for me-- more solid.I do like the back up camera and the blue tooth, but the MPG is very disappointing. And why say it is 40 MPG highway when it isn't???????. Other reviewers have noted the same problem.