2013 Honda Civic Consumer Review: An Update to my 1st Review

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

An Update to my 1st Review
By jessbarnett85 on

2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2013 Honda Civic LX with a little over 10,000 miles on it now. Let me tell you, my average full economy in South Florida heat with use of Eco mode most of the time, is averaging between 30-31 per each tank. If I drive on long highway trips around 65pmg with ECO mode on, it averages around 44mpg, which is excellent! The only thing I don't like about ECO mode is that it is embarassingly slow off the line. While the A/C is slightly effected while in this mode, it doesn't seem weak, even with 89 degrees outside. It's a great car for the money. I wouldn't have done it any other way, just wish I had springed for the EX.

Blue-Tooth, Backup camera, USB input, gas mileage, interior quality, realibility, A/C system, power options.

The biggest and possibly the most important safety feature, the brakes- they need to be improved grately. I know, the LX model comes with 2 disc and 2 drums in the rear, but the Mazda 3 comes standard with 4 wheel disc brakes. I've had too many close calls with this car and I don't feel confident with the braking what's so ever. 4 wheel disc brakes should be refined. Also, I've noticed rattling in either the right door/glove compartment/or airbag area that I will get checked out next time at the dealer. Heated mirrors would be nice because when I get dew on them in the mornings. Lastly, the seats, they stain to easily. I heard they fixed this problem in the 2014 LX. Automatic head lights.