Nicely priced but question the factory MPG for CA
By wittay on
2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
Your review of the Honda Civic Ex sedan automatic mpg. It is false and so far presentation of the information is at best misleading in the state of California. I have almost 5,000 miles on a 2013 Honda Civic EX and I have yet to average 29 miles city and highway. I have used the car's on board computer which seems to inflate the actual mpg and then manual calculations of what I filled the tank in number of gallons to cross check. While like the civic my main reason for buying the gas only verse hybrid model was that the gas model was supposed to get 38 mpg. When I asked the Honda sales and service folks what was going on I was getting mixed messages. One, wait until the engine is broken in.
Favorite Features
Cabin, console, exterior color, wheels, turning radius, easy to park, Euro look and feel
Suggested Improvements
Lacks low end torque, challenging views when changing lanes, lacks sun blocks for front windshield. Biggest issues is MPG. Expectation was for 38 MPG highway and average 32 to 34. Not even close. And am told its because of CA clean air admissions regulations and performance will be even worse in winter time as the fuel formulas change..
By thwipp89
on 12/26/13 12:54 PM (PST)

i only have about 1600 miles on mine but have been disappointed in MPG so far, aswell. i use the eco button 99% of the time- i only kick it off if i need to merge on a highway. the acceleration with the eco button on is a dog. but anyway, i normally drive with a very heavy foot but have been really babying this since it's new and i'm getting the same (or maybe slightly less) mpg than i was getting with my '03 civic so far- about 29-ish mpg. i was expecting better, especially driving with a much lighter foot than i normally do!