Really glad I purchased this!
By aurora86 on
2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I really enjoy this car. It's definitely saved me on gas with the econ feature. My old Elantra '01 would use up a full tank a week to get to work, with my Civic using econ I use 1/2 a tank a week. Only thing with econ is it drives a little slow going up hills and such, but that should be obvious because that's how it works. You can't hit the gas and take off, but I'm fine with that! I drove it in the horrible road conditions from our last snow storm and while it was very bumpy from the poor plowing, I may have slid once or twice, where as other cars I watched were all over the road. Some of the blind spots could take a while to adjust to.
Favorite Features
I like the econ feature, the reverse camera, it lets you know % how much longer for an oil change, rides smoothly. You can hook up your phone through the USB port and see your contacts and make phone calls through the radio or you can set it to say the name and it dials for you. It plays your iphone, and it also will play the voice directions to the GPS off the phone. I also like that I can set the locks to stay locked in my car until I take my key out, and I can set it to only unlock my driver door & not all 4 for safety reasons. Also it lets you know when you're using the most gas and when you're saving. Green is saving, Dark blue is using the most gas.
Suggested Improvements
Really, IMO, performance wise I really don't have any complaints. It rides well, I don't get uncomfortable driving it. Improvements for me is more entertainment. GPS from my phone only works with the phone plugged into the USB, and my music has to be playing or else the directions wont play through the speakers. Could be nice to be able to use it over the bluetooth option or be able to run with my music not playing. Kinda wish the radio would tell you the name/artist that station is playing like most new cars do. Also the rearview camera doesn't beep when you're close to a curb or about to hit something which would be a nice add, unless I've missed it.
By cisbrane
on 05/03/13 10:40 AM (PDT)

You can get the radio information! It was turned off by default in mine as well. You need to turn on RDS Information. Hit the Setup Button when you have the Radio on, and turn on the option :-) Also, it depends on your phone for GPS and bluetooth. My android phone is able to do directions over the bluetooth just fine.

By aurora86
on 05/28/13 18:02 PM (PDT)

I fixed it! thanks! One other thing I don't like (which is just my own personal preference).. The speed to the windshield wipers, you can't adjust. I used to change the speed all the time in my old car so to only have the 3 preset speeds bothers me lol