2013 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Great car can be better

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Great car can be better
By specialist4 on

2013 Honda Civic EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda did a great job on this Civic. They fixed the inadequatcies that Consumer Reports pointed out. Fit and quality excellent. For those that feel the ride noisy, upgrade to the EX. The noise is from the cheaper tires on the LX. This is true with all the Honda line up. Blue tooth works great, navi and radio excellent. Good ride quality, 36-38 MPG HW at 65-75 mph. Overall 29-31 mpg, even with my wife driving...she only know to accelerate or brake..nothing inbetween. 4 wheel disc brakes stop the car very quickly compare to disc/drum combo. I've heard some complaints about the seats, I find them very comfortable. The Hyundi elantra has 2 big blind spots, Honda does not.

Navigation is great, no need for that Garmin and wires. Speaker & Mic for blue tooth works very well. I know some 2012's had mic problems. With the big navi monitor, the back up camera with lines is awesome. It also allows different camera angles.

The pockets in the doors & under the navi unit are quite useless. Honda saw fit to remove temp guage and replace it with an idiot light. So when I start my car at -5 degrees, Honda thinks I need a light to tell me my engine is cold and when my car is overheating, I need a light to say..hey idiot your car is over heating. I put the mudguards on my self. On the rear, I had to remove an inner fender lining that was equal to 3/4 of the mud guard. Why not just put the mudguard there since 3/4 of it is there already. Home link with auto dimming mirror should be standard on the EXL. Honda seems to be falling behind, no led lighting, cheap speakers, only 5 speed transmission, no direct injection.