Honda Civic Sedan EX-L w/Nav
By maringa on
2013 Honda Civic EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
Bought this car last week. Previous owner of a 2002 Honda Civic EX. Initially struggled with the thought of buying another Civic. Was hesitant until I went to dealership and sat inside, and test drove. What a difference 11 years makes! Did get all of the bells and whistles (Nav). There is no comparison between this car and my 2002 model (not that it was bad - served me well for 11 years). Drives much quieter and smoother. Highway gas mileage much nicer (41-42 mpg vs. 33 on my older unit). In town mileage about 2 mpg better (33 mpg vs 31 mpg). Decent stereo..great Nav system!
Favorite Features
Good Nav, decent stereo! Leather seats are rigid but comfortable. Much quieter and tighter on road vs. my old 2002. The look and feel is of a luxury car - Honda did a great job in the overall design. Nothing is absolutely great, but everything is good. I can't think of anything disappointing.
Suggested Improvements
Funny thing I noticed is that passenger side leg room is less than the driver side. Less passenger leg room than 2002 (at least from perception). This is definitely a commuter car vs. a long road trip car - this has not changed from 2002. If the standard engine could have another 20-30 hp (and keep same gas mileage) there would be no question that this would be the best selling car in the US.