2013 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Happy with my 13 HCH!!!!!!

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Happy with my 13 HCH!!!!!!
By coppercuckoo on

2013 Honda Civic Hybrid PZEV w/Leather, Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got the Green Opal one 2 weeks ago. I now have about 500 miles on the car, and it came with 106. It was the only one available in the Tri-state area that was equipped as I wanted! It drives so nice and smoothly and I enjoy the great technology upgrade from the 2005 I sold in order to get this car. The Winter mpg change from the 2005 HCH to the new one, is pretty significant. I was told to keep the Econ button on all of the time to get the best mileage. If you are expecting a Green car, you will be surprised by the color changes the metallic paint makes. There are times the car looks light blue, blue/green. and an almost sea foam green. This is all dependent on the lighting!

I love that you can answer the cell phone from the steering wheel button. The lights are set on automatic, so they come on when needed. The leather seats are so comfortable. I can raise my driver's seat so I can see over the dashboard and cockpit. They have diagnostic tools, so you can check how you oil or tire pressure are doing. The care lets you know if you waver from your lane, are about to crash into something, guides you backing up. All you have to do is drive and enjoy! The car is quite stylish and nice to look at. Oh yes, I even can keep the cabin at exactly the temperature I feel comfortable with! I didn't mention the heated seats and the heated outside mirrors.

I just wish the wipers were like my old HCH, instead of wiping like van wipers or the Chevy Lumina wipers. I also wish the lane departure warning would not go off when I am centered in my lane. I can't find anything major to improve!
By ihanson
on 07/06/13 10:35 AM (PDT)

@Erik25 - Hybrids have the best improvements in the city, stop-and-go traffic and remain similar to the gas versions on the highways. Given your numbers, I'm assuming the majority of your numbers were highway miles - good for you. However, if you're in a city, the EPA ratings are 28 mpg vs. 44 mpg. That's where the difference comes in, not on highway cruising in 5th gear. Cheers.

By coppercuckoo
on 03/25/13 16:33 PM (PDT)

I now have 777 miles on my car and am even more happy about the gas mileage. Over the weekend when I was going to clients on Saturday, I did 96 miles of travel at 43.9 mpg! The car is rated for 44. I am so happy!

By erik25
on 06/19/13 15:22 PM (PDT)

Strange......i get 47 mpg with my Civic lx 5-speed,and 45000 miles on it.Really had to wait for the new motor/hybrid combination.this will be a big improvment over the dated IMA system. See no need for a expensive hybrid when you can get the same milage with a gas car.........