2013 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Good performer but very uncomf

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2013 Honda Civic

EX-L Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Good performer but very uncomfortable
By sarita3 on

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Civic and it is the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. The headrest forces me to jut my head forward making it difficult to even look up through the windshield. I have long legs and the steering wheel will not telescope out far enough so I drive with my arms stretched straight out. When I brake, no matter how gently, I and my passenger slide forward in the seats. The seat, which is narrow and short, has no support so I have to tighten my abs to stay in the seat around corners. Even though I have the EX-L with the power seat adjustments, I have yet to find a comfortable driving position. On the plus side, the car is powerful, the handling is good, the mileage is excellent.
**Update: I sold the car after a year. I make a lot of long trips and my back and neck couldn't handle the bad ergonomics.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By tommyboy69
on 03/30/14 16:44 PM (PDT)

The 2014 Honda Civic Has Come a Long Way,All The Features.The EX Has A Camera In The Passenger Mirror Now,So When You Put Your Right Blinker On, The Camera Displays On The 7 Inch Screen.It Has Automatic Climate Control Too.And Even A Back Up Camera.The One Thing I Don't Like. Though You Can't Get XM Raidio Only On The EXL Model With Leather.YouCan Get The Navigation System Only With Leather Though,And You Get A drivers Power Seat Only On The EXL Model Too.The Other Thing I Don't Like The 2 Power Out Lets Shut Off So You Can't Charge Your Phone Up Unless You Have The Car Started.I Do Like The Push Button Start,Standard On The EX And EXL Model.