By debbie91 on
2013 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I have never received good fuel economy with this car. It has never given me what was advertised as 28 in the city and 39 on highway. It has never gone past 23 miles to the gallon. I am very disappointed in this cars fuel economy. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the car and it is now only 1 month old.
Favorite Features
Disappointed that it was not explained to me when I purchased the car that I could not get other satlite radio other than Pandora through an IPhone. What if I don't have one? I'm stuck.
By oldwyn
on 10/28/13 18:26 PM (PDT)

I have the same experience as debbie91. I bought 2013 Civic LX, 4 dr, only a month ago and have so far driven 220 miles (with 20% on highway). I found the mpg always below 24, that means only 80% of what is advertised. I am planning to contact the dealer. If they say nothing wrong, then, it should be a problem with the manufacturer. They usually blame the owner/driver for driving problems. But, I drive the new car very carefully, always using coasting before coming to a traffic light or a stop sign, never pushing the gas pedal hard, and never pushing the brake abruptly. I may have to file a complaint to Bureau of Consumer Protection. If needed, I may sue the manufacturer for misinformation and exaggeration. Another problem with this model is its structure being too light. So, on less than perfect road surface, it jolts more than my 2007 Corolla, for instance. The light material is used to increase gas mileage. but, now, in my case, neither is satisfactory.